Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1527post #22891 of 527889/19/12 at 10:45amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22892 of 527889/19/12 at 11:06ampost #22893 of 527889/19/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
It makes me want mine period, it's been getting cool lately so it's always a moment for me.post #22894 of 527889/19/12 at 1:03pm
This makes me so stoked for my dark brown goat cwu.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Lorcan7
So my brown goat 4-zip mdr (with silver zippers, no less) arrived yesterday. Feels laid back and think it works pretty well over basic non-baller stuff. I like.
Have to echo Johan, I was impressed with how soft and comfy the goat is. Tried to take a photo in sunlight to capture that texture.
edit: - brad its brown goat not black - its really that dark! brown tones are more noticeable up close in person. I hope someone has ordered a black goat dr though!post #22895 of 527889/19/12 at 1:20pmpost #22896 of 527889/19/12 at 1:21pmThought I'd share a couple of pics of my newly arrived A-2. Fit is pretty good but should probably have increased the width at pit more than I did. Arm movement is slightly restricted when I want to put my hand up high. Hopefully it will get a bit better with wear.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #22897 of 527889/19/12 at 1:23pmpost #22898 of 527889/19/12 at 3:50pm
First post here on Styleforum.......No better way to kick off initiation with TOJ . Been a long time follower and I hope the below helps future buyers.
I'm 5"10.5 with shoes on, 75kg. TOJ1 sz 50 with 23.5 body & 30" sleeves (i'm usually a size 48. Make sure to size up 1 on the TOJ1, which was also recommended by team TOJ)
Hindsight > perhaps 0.5" shorter in the body and add 1" on the sleeves. Because of the MTM nature of TOJ's business, its very easy to get all OCD with measurements in hopes for the perfect fit. As such, I contemplated whether to sell my TOJ1 just for an inch here and there. But all I needed was a good slap across the head to knock some sense in me (courtesy of wife) to stop sweatin the small stuff.
This is my first TOJ purchase and it won't be my last. I went for little to no stacking on the sleeves as I was worried of the excess leather on sleeves look. It may not appear on the pics but it feels like the sleeves 'just' made it to the wrist break. Silly risk on my part because any shorter, it definitely would have been too short. The varsity style is forgiving and its best to add an extra inch. In fact, I wonder how many times Charlie has read similar posts to mine and said to himself "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". Charlie's recommendations were in fact closer to my hindsight analysis.
Black MDR awaits (lets go team TOJ), which i'm extremely nervous about. Why???....because I tweaked some of TOJ's sizing recommendations and I can't stop thinking that I should trusted their experience.
My TOJ wish list - TOJ 2.3 DR & A2 repro (similar to the old 2.2 bomber).post #22899 of 527889/19/12 at 4:00pmpost #22900 of 527889/19/12 at 4:56pmpost #22901 of 527889/19/12 at 5:18pmpost #22902 of 527889/19/12 at 11:39pmpost #22903 of 527889/20/12 at 12:34amThread Starterpost #22904 of 527889/20/12 at 1:05am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 1 minute ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds First Quality Dalton Oxblood 9E Worn 5-10 times 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...