I wear my shirts untucked, so I thought too short might look odd...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1524post #22846 of 491339/17/12 at 9:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22847 of 491339/17/12 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #22848 of 491339/17/12 at 11:40amQuote:
Oh, that's me. Kinda weird seeing a stalker picture of me from the back...
I got the jacket (moto in bottle green with silver zips) just a few weeks ago, been trying to wear it whenever it can because it is super-stiff. It kind-of looks bad zipped up because the stiffness makes it awkward, but looks great unzipped, so trying to break it in a bit. I think the size is fine, though, since I got an ADR in lamb in the same size, and it fits well (on the slim side, but I like that). But the moto is amazing; got nearly daily compliments when wearing it.
If anyone spots me, please say 'Hi' -- I've got a blacked-out ADR, this moto in bottle green, first-gen peacoat in black/white herringbone, grey trousers, and one of the original ToJ oxford shirts. I should really get pics of the leathers & trousers, but been super busy.post #22849 of 491339/17/12 at 11:52amThread Starterpost #22850 of 491339/17/12 at 12:42pmpost #22851 of 491339/17/12 at 1:14pmpost #22852 of 491339/17/12 at 3:12pmIs the Chesterfield re-design still being looked at for the real reboot? Or has the focus now switched to new peacoat/trenchcoat/labcoat designs? I remember seeing a post talking about the process (keeping the pattern mostly the same, upgrading details, etc) and then a later post where the actual sample did not meet your expectations.Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I'm not sure. We made a sample, but as with everything, it has to reach a level of perfection where I'm willing to let it go from my grip and out into the world unguarded, for enjoyment and for scrutiny; that level was not breached yet. I am coming to a point where I feel the clothes are reaching high levels, I mean really unimaginable if I take into account my beginnings in early 2009; but as always, I don't want to release things that aren't up to my standard of quality and complication, or value content. It'd be a quick spiral down if I ever did something like that.
Edited by omgcookielol - 9/18/12 at 12:22ampost #22853 of 491339/17/12 at 3:36pmpost #22854 of 491339/17/12 at 6:42pmpost #22855 of 491339/17/12 at 9:36pmpost #22856 of 491339/17/12 at 10:11pmpost #22857 of 491339/17/12 at 11:06pmpost #22858 of 491339/18/12 at 4:29am
So my brown goat 4-zip mdr (with silver zippers, no less) arrived yesterday. Feels laid back and think it works pretty well over basic non-baller stuff. I like.
Have to echo Johan, I was impressed with how soft and comfy the goat is. Tried to take a photo in sunlight to capture that texture.
edit: - brad its brown goat not black - its really that dark! brown tones are more noticeable up close in person. I hope someone has ordered a black goat dr though!
Edited by Lorcan7 - 9/18/12 at 6:14ampost #22859 of 491339/18/12 at 4:45amThread Starter
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 28 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - BOLD COLORS - 4/8/14 - 4/24/14 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...