Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1437
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21542 of 491777/23/12 at 9:50amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While i'll agree the vast majority of shearlings are ugly as sin, i'll argue that it could be rescued, as with other leather,s by giving it the proper shape, I have no doubt TOJ could make something completely lustworthy.( Some may remember the woodyear argument a few months back) Sadly its a cost prohibitive material, especially when considering Drew's eye for quality and mission to deliver this quality at reasonable cost. *tear* i wont mention this again.
Edited by mike1445 - 7/23/12 at 10:17ampost #21543 of 491777/23/12 at 10:13ampost #21544 of 491777/23/12 at 11:16amQuote:
I really didn't appreciate this statement until I recently saw a a buzz rickson peacoat and then, subsequently, did some research. If this is the case. TOJ = BB, TOJ 2.0 reboot = TDKpost #21545 of 491777/23/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
No there are heaps of nice motos and bombers out there, this is a garbage statement
Its rare because they dont sell, not because its some fashion holy grailpost #21546 of 491777/23/12 at 1:51pmOh fuck off, for every Buzz Ricksons there are a thousand of these.
Even plenty of the historical repros look kind of shitty (I wouldn't want a Lost Worlds A2, and I don't care how many old dudes think they're awesome). Yes, there are good motos and bombers out there that aren't toj, and they're easier to find than a good, well cut shearling. But that's, you know, kind of the point?post #21547 of 491777/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #21548 of 491777/23/12 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Arethusa
Oh fuck off, for every Buzz Ricksons there are a thousand of these.
Even plenty of the historical repros look kind of shitty (I wouldn't want a Lost Worlds A2, and I don't care how many old dudes think they're awesome). Yes, there are good motos and bombers out there that aren't toj, and they're easier to find than a good, well cut shearling. But that's, you know, kind of the point?
Man, go look on Porter and see how many MA-1's / A1's / A2's they have every season
And how many shearlings that actually get bought above 70% off sale?
Ive never seen a fit posted online with one unless you count people buying garbage from a vintage store, they dont sell because A: they are hard to style and B: they cost cray cray to make a good onepost #21549 of 491777/23/12 at 3:08pmOuterwear game very on point in Dark Knight Rises - Bane was on that Metal Gear bad guy shit.
All the promo pics and stuff have him in that shearling coat but he wore a badass looking field jacket thing too. Goddamn.
I see you too Joseph Gordon-Levitt, in that wool single breasted driving coat thing in that one scene at the endpost #21550 of 491777/23/12 at 4:51pmpost #21551 of 491777/23/12 at 5:04pmpost #21552 of 491777/23/12 at 5:47pmpost #21553 of 491777/23/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by glundr
Fishtail parka and Trousers arrived at my house in BC, unfortunately I am in Newfoundland working so I had my girlfriend take some fits, better than nothing right!
more (Click to show)
Does your girlfriend have a beer can for a crotch? Because while it might be a little sharp...that is awesome.post #21554 of 491777/23/12 at 6:04pmpost #21555 of 491777/23/12 at 11:24pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 58 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...