Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1294post #19396 of 496405/4/12 at 3:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19397 of 496405/4/12 at 4:45pmpost #19398 of 496405/4/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #19399 of 496405/4/12 at 7:12pmpost #19400 of 496405/4/12 at 7:33pmpost #19401 of 496405/4/12 at 7:40pmpost #19402 of 496405/4/12 at 9:20pmpost #19403 of 496405/4/12 at 9:37pmpost #19404 of 496405/4/12 at 9:49pmThread Starterpost #19405 of 496405/5/12 at 12:29amSo... Was that a definite no to bringing the quilted BCDR back before the cut-off date? Or.. a possible maybe? I'm just curious because I'm putting in an order on the 15th, so it would be pretty awesome to get a quilted bcdr in black lamb, and then have my last order before the hiatus be the black ribbed cwu-45 on the 1st.
I don't want to get my hopes up if it definitely isn't going to happen before the cut-off. the quilt bcdr is my all-time favorite ToJ, and I've been refreshing the page like crazy these past couple of days to see if it'll be making a comeback.
Edited by omgcookielol - 5/5/12 at 12:42ampost #19406 of 496405/5/12 at 12:39amDrew, thanks for your comments. Really, the only bummer I have about the whole thing was my email exchange about sizing. Without dragging things down with the minutiae of the conversation, I will just say that I had some consternation about the discrepancies between my body measurements and the measurements of the jacket I provided.
It felt very much like Charly did not have the time to actually deal with tweaking questions, he had to just keep things moving. It felt like he was dealing with a ton of orders and trying to do his best to stay above water but didn't actually have the time to engage in a careful exchange re: advice or suggestions. It was during the period of the "bottleneck."
I agonized about the specificity of MTM and was assured, several times, on this board, "Dude just provide Charly with the measurements and he will do the rest." I followed the measuring guide to a "T", providing body measurements, jacket measurements, and providing a pic of me wearing the jacket I measured.
I agree with Drew that most people would not take issue with the way my jacket fits. But most people dress like shit. And this is a forum for the very few that scrutinize every detail of how things fit. And that same scrutiny should be exercised by the people who make clothes that cater to this crowd. In this case, because of the volume of orders during the "bottleneck" (I suspect), I fell through the cracks a little bit.
Most of the TOJ jackets that have been produced have been fucking incredible. Some of them have been a little off. A few have been disasterous. I think I am somewhere in the "little off" category, which is still a good place to be, although it has dimmed the luster of TOJ for me.
That said, I still love Charly and Drew for doing what they do and and I still want something in red calf (BCDR??, QDR, Drew give me something wild, I will lay money down, just help me tweak the measurements, please)
Edit: boozy spelling.
Edited by Two Shoes - 5/5/12 at 7:22ampost #19407 of 496405/5/12 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by braingel
Red calf moto with the silver hardware.
Really thinking about one more order before the MTM goes away. Probably a brown goat 4zip MDR.
Goddamn...Charly/Drew, is there any Red Calf left (serious)? Considering 3-Zip MDR or 2010 DR in Red Calf now...post #19408 of 496405/5/12 at 12:57ampost #19409 of 496405/5/12 at 1:23amQuote:I really want a quilted rider as well, but I think that the BCDR was where it was done the best. The quilting on the shoulders and sleeves of the QDR and QMoto look amazing, but I think that the BCDR is a more aggressive jacket, and with the quilting on the upper back, it has a more balanced look to it than the QMoto/QDR.
Plus, the quilting patterns on the BCDR really pop out and look fucking amazing.post #19410 of 496405/5/12 at 1:35am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Love Problem Specialist In London +91-9680462195 7 seconds ago
- › Love Problem Specialist In Australia +91-9680462195 13 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 22 seconds ago
- › 7073347120 how to do vashikaran In FaRiDaBaD 22 seconds ago
- › 7073347120 get your love back by vashikaran In FaRiDaBaD 31 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Gujarat +91-9680462195 31 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Mumbai +91-9680462195 37 seconds ago
- › 7073347120 vashikaran mantras In FaRiDaBaD 38 seconds ago
- › Discuss Swaine Adeney Brigg cases 44 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Delhi +91-9680462195 44 seconds ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan