Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1285post #19261 of 526955/2/12 at 3:48pmJust put in my order for the 2010 dr bottle green calfskin, I love the dark whiskey calfskin moto, I actually don't think it needs to be anymore pliable. It feels so comfortable and I've only worn it a day, love the thickness of the leather. It's what I think of when you look think of a quality leather good.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19262 of 526955/2/12 at 3:53pmQuote:Really? What did you have in mind originally with the quilting patterns? I can't envision a way that could make it look any better.Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I am not sure I want to bring that one back. The guy who makes these jackets never fully understood what I wanted to do with that jacket and made it about 85% my way and 15% his way, and I don't like his way on that piece. We have done so well together on pretty much all of the things we've made without that kind of differential, and we just made more prototypes if I didn't like something. On that BCDR though, I wanted to do something different with the quilt detailing but he couldn't get his mind around it... I forget sometimes, because the guy is really talented, or perhaps I should say really skilled at what he does and he's earned it with time, but he's not a rocket scientist either; we have our moments where perfection seems further away than it should be....
I'm a big fan of the bcdr because it brings together various aspects of other jackets that you've made that I like: The banded hem of the cm/Mdr, the moto snaps, rider lapels, the quilting and assymetric line running up the front of the jacket, which are both exclusive to this model, and the really attractive panelling on the sleeve between the upper and lower arm quilting. (seriously, I admire this a lot on my toj1's sleeves.) It seems like you let a lot of your personal creativity come out and do it's thing to make a jacket unlike any other on the market.
I mean, there are a ton of details going into it, but everything feels balanced - including the details on the back. On the sleeves, there's that space between the lower quilting and upper quilting, which some people complained about, but I think as it softens, that goes away, and with even more wear, develops those really attractive hard wear creases... like a canvas to showcase individual wear.
Others have done bcdrs, but I think you took a lot of your strengths from designing your other jackets and put them into your interpretation of the bcdr, and that led to a very handsome, aggressive jacket made with impressive material and skill.
Edited by omgcookielol - 5/2/12 at 4:04pmpost #19263 of 526955/2/12 at 4:20pmpost #19264 of 526955/2/12 at 4:44pmQuote:
Was planning on ordering an a2 in brown lamb but now thinking that the brown goatskin might be the better option
Really need to do my research on the qualities of goatskinpost #19265 of 526955/2/12 at 4:45pmpost #19266 of 526955/2/12 at 4:53pmpost #19267 of 526955/2/12 at 4:54pmpost #19268 of 526955/2/12 at 4:57pmI <3 my medium grey BCDR, although obviously it's quite a bit more subdued than the quilted model.
Kinda wish I had the opportunity to get a brown goat A-2 before the cutoff (I assume goat won't be an option after the reboot), but I'm sure there'll be even more drool-worthy stuff coming out when things are back up and running again.post #19269 of 526955/2/12 at 5:21pmQuote:
Yes, but the collar stays the same colour (so it no longer matches)
Goat is heavier, more textured. Creep Aeglus's tumblr for a good pic of the texture.post #19270 of 526955/2/12 at 5:22pmpost #19271 of 526955/2/12 at 5:50pmpost #19272 of 526955/2/12 at 6:04pmHave been looking through the thread for inspiration for my order(s) before the cutoff date. One thing I find interesting is Drew's view on leathers. Seems like he used to favor blacks and greys in lamb. More recently he's been pushing the goat and calf in different colors, including brown, green, and red. Seems like he's gravitating away from the goth ninja / Belgian palette and more toward the old-school 50s/60s traditional American style. Maybe this is what to expect from TOJ 2.0. Am I right Drew?post #19273 of 526955/2/12 at 6:06pmQuote:
I don't believe it has been mentioned, but you, me, and many others have a keen interest in the answer. Millions of lives hang in the balance.post #19274 of 526955/2/12 at 6:09pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1576 Active Users (382 Members and 1194 Guests)
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › Some thoughts on these shoes please men. 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...