As if. Would much rather play another round of "brown or black"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1257
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18842 of 498994/23/12 at 9:30pmThread Starterthere's hardly any need for a 'short' size if there is a regular and long size - it's available in tailored clothing because sleeve lengths and jacket lengths matter, but on casual clothes, what's the difference if you end up with a half break in your leather jacket sleeve? It will only look cooler.
Added to this, most males are within a similar range of measurements whether they're 5'4 or 6'4, because the bare minimum most guys weigh is about 115/120 on the shortest end - so the changes are proportional, most people fit into 'regular' sizes. Maybe not with absolute precision, but close enough that one size will clearly fit you better than another size. And that's life outside of the TOJ universe...post #18843 of 498994/23/12 at 9:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by johanm
I'm curious about where you take this, since you clearly understand the fashion / retail business and have a great eye for trends etc., but on the other hand I would think that it's a huge challenge to build a RTW streetwear line in the middle market that MTM TOJ currently occupies (ie not high volume fast fashion or high price runway stuff ). In fact I have a hard time coming up with any successful middle market brands that don't benefit from massive economies of scale. Is APC your model? Or do you see yourself as the next Visvim? I guess I don't see why not...
I don't want to tie my name to those names because they are old established brands with millions of dollars getting paid out to support their sprawl, in extra hands, in real estate footage, etc - they do use economies of scale, but in the end, think of how many hands are in the pot to sell a $175 pair of APC jeans. I don't want to get to the point where I have a big bloated operation just working to pay for paychecks, from the business standpoint it just needs to be a well-performing machine that delivers my goods reliably. I think in the cases of those big names, yes, all glory to Hiroki and to Jean, but maybe a case of diminishing returns, not necessarily needing to sow more seeds to reap more grain, or likewise, expecting that growth is linear and productive with every square inch of footprint.post #18844 of 498994/23/12 at 9:34pmpost #18845 of 498994/23/12 at 9:54pmThread StarterNot really, as you may be aware of, we sell clothes to Asian dudes quite frequently - wouldn't know who is what if we didn't get their names. It doesn't matter if you're black, white, Asian, hispanic, whateva - as long as you're not fat, you fit into most clothes. It may not be shrink-wrapped BoO and shit, but who wants to look like that anyway? I want to create style that is not regrettable.post #18846 of 498994/23/12 at 10:14pm
I agree that people should not be able to make their own jackets in terms of aesthetics, still it would be nice to have a couple of adjustable options i.e. sleeve length and jacket length. What ever the case is I trust you aesthetic taste and I know you will continue to churn out quality garments that I will be willing to buy. I honestly thought it was ridiculous that someone is sending a jacket to scrap because of two buttons, if its in my size at a reduced price I wouldn't blink before kopping it for myself.
I want drews opinion on this as this will be my last pre revamp toj purchase should I stick with the Bball I have on order or go with a brown goat A-2? I think A-2 will always be a classic so I hope you keep making them. A-1 is a perfect spring - fall jacket and so is the Bball but the A-2 in goat or horse could be a better winter bomber? (cz its pretty cold in colorado)
Quote:post #18847 of 498994/23/12 at 10:17pmpost #18848 of 498994/23/12 at 10:24pmpost #18849 of 498994/23/12 at 10:43pmThat's actually the reason why I was asking, because I trust his judgement on the quality of leather and I was actually leaning more towards the olive green just wasn't really sure on which. I was actually thinking of 2010 navy dr in lamb but I'm thinking of changing it to a different jacket. I think green might look a little off but I could be wrong.post #18850 of 498994/23/12 at 10:43pm
I dunno, I'm sad that I didn't get in on TOJ early enough to get more than one MTM, but I have about zero worry of any OTR stuff looking any less awesome.
This is highly reminiscent, to me, of the usual "Should I add a quarter inch here?" "No, just email Charly and you'll get a perfect jacket." There's no reason not to trust these dudes to make shit well. They certainly have the track record to prove they know how to cut things well.post #18851 of 498994/23/12 at 10:55pmpost #18852 of 498994/23/12 at 11:25pm
this pic really didnt get enough love when it was first postedQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I will still continue to make clothes, but as was mentioned MTM will go by the wayside, it was being manipulated for the wrong reasons. The response to that is going to be me making OTR clothes in my own cut, my own choice of materials, full size runs, and no lead time involved with making order-made clothing. As was mentioned, there may need to be a hiatus as the changeover to a new identity, new clothing designs, and new methods to everything take hold.
i hope the usual leathers will still be availablepost #18853 of 498994/23/12 at 11:50pmpost #18854 of 498994/24/12 at 12:29amQuote:
Ahahah lol this gif is the best
Visvim is the worst, Ive only met awkward asian kids who are into it IRL / onlinepost #18855 of 498994/24/12 at 12:30amQuote:
I had to look up what this is. It's a shame you won't be making more. That thing is
Also, browsing his tumblr makes me jealous of his life (and by association his insane ToJ collection of course)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Give 100 amateur people an open atelier for making clothes and people on stations to do the real work and make them, and say 'have at it' - 98, 99 if not 100 pieces produced would be fucking crap, probably... but you know what? People would love their own creations too. It's like clay day at pre-school, and everybody would get to take home their piece when the bell rings, etc. The rub there is that I don't want to be the local 'Clay Day provision services, pre-schools everywhere, book now!
Good stuff, man
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 48 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 58 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 19 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan