I'm not saying toggles would be a popular option (I'd prefer buttons myself, baseball jacket's setup looks perfect), but it's definitely different... just trying to throw out ideas that fit his quote of "I want to make something crazy".
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1141post #17101 of 496403/17/12 at 11:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17102 of 496403/17/12 at 11:29amThread Starterpost #17103 of 496403/17/12 at 12:03pmpost #17104 of 496403/17/12 at 12:24pmpost #17105 of 496403/17/12 at 12:28pmpost #17106 of 496403/17/12 at 1:12pmi think that TOJ is all about taking classics and giving them a modern cut. So, for a TOJ varsity remix you'd probably keep the standard silhouette and revamp the texture/flavor of whats offered (without letting people do their own color combo) or make a chimera with other Jacket designs involved(as has been done in the past with reversible ma-1s).
Something like suede body/leather sleeve deal, twill/canvas body/vtg sleeves, and maybe a 5zip (not sure how that would look). A canvas body would be cool for the standard colors/floral/bukakke tiger/digicam prints and could serve as a space for personal customization. Over time the vtg sleeves could tan, stay white, or be dyed by the wearer.
... a revamped, crazy winter varsity could be done with a cashmere body, shearling sleeves (with ribbing), and a removable quilted body lining.
Edited by omgcookielol - 3/17/12 at 1:40pmpost #17107 of 496403/17/12 at 1:28pmpost #17108 of 496403/17/12 at 1:40pmpost #17109 of 496403/17/12 at 1:56pmpost #17110 of 496403/17/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
Maybe a quilted style? blistered lamb that everyone always back when you first started. Maybe something with the band collar closing or band collar dr style.post #17111 of 496403/17/12 at 2:06pmpost #17112 of 496403/17/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
Non-ribbed would be sweet. Or even taking it further, and having it ultra minimalist with hidden placket buttons or zip.
But this is probably straying too far as Drew noted above..post #17113 of 496403/17/12 at 2:21pmpost #17114 of 496403/17/12 at 2:28pmpost #17115 of 496403/17/12 at 4:38pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1225 Active Users (258 Members and 967 Guests)
- › Australian Members 59 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Help me choose between 2 shirts, same cut different sizes for work. 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 12 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan