I'm not saying toggles would be a popular option (I'd prefer buttons myself, baseball jacket's setup looks perfect), but it's definitely different... just trying to throw out ideas that fit his quote of "I want to make something crazy".
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1141post #17101 of 527443/17/12 at 11:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17102 of 527443/17/12 at 11:29amThread Starterpost #17103 of 527443/17/12 at 12:03pmpost #17104 of 527443/17/12 at 12:24pmpost #17105 of 527443/17/12 at 12:28pmpost #17106 of 527443/17/12 at 1:12pmi think that TOJ is all about taking classics and giving them a modern cut. So, for a TOJ varsity remix you'd probably keep the standard silhouette and revamp the texture/flavor of whats offered (without letting people do their own color combo) or make a chimera with other Jacket designs involved(as has been done in the past with reversible ma-1s).
Something like suede body/leather sleeve deal, twill/canvas body/vtg sleeves, and maybe a 5zip (not sure how that would look). A canvas body would be cool for the standard colors/floral/bukakke tiger/digicam prints and could serve as a space for personal customization. Over time the vtg sleeves could tan, stay white, or be dyed by the wearer.
... a revamped, crazy winter varsity could be done with a cashmere body, shearling sleeves (with ribbing), and a removable quilted body lining.
Edited by omgcookielol - 3/17/12 at 1:40pmpost #17107 of 527443/17/12 at 1:28pmpost #17108 of 527443/17/12 at 1:40pmpost #17109 of 527443/17/12 at 1:56pmpost #17110 of 527443/17/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
Maybe a quilted style? blistered lamb that everyone always back when you first started. Maybe something with the band collar closing or band collar dr style.post #17111 of 527443/17/12 at 2:06pmpost #17112 of 527443/17/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
Non-ribbed would be sweet. Or even taking it further, and having it ultra minimalist with hidden placket buttons or zip.
But this is probably straying too far as Drew noted above..post #17113 of 527443/17/12 at 2:21pmpost #17114 of 527443/17/12 at 2:28pmpost #17115 of 527443/17/12 at 4:38pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1371 Active Users (265 Members and 1106 Guests)
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 12 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...