I'm not saying toggles would be a popular option (I'd prefer buttons myself, baseball jacket's setup looks perfect), but it's definitely different... just trying to throw out ideas that fit his quote of "I want to make something crazy".
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1141post #17101 of 481423/17/12 at 11:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17102 of 481423/17/12 at 11:29amThread Starterpost #17103 of 481423/17/12 at 12:03pmpost #17104 of 481423/17/12 at 12:24pmpost #17105 of 481423/17/12 at 12:28pmpost #17106 of 481423/17/12 at 1:12pmi think that TOJ is all about taking classics and giving them a modern cut. So, for a TOJ varsity remix you'd probably keep the standard silhouette and revamp the texture/flavor of whats offered (without letting people do their own color combo) or make a chimera with other Jacket designs involved(as has been done in the past with reversible ma-1s).
Something like suede body/leather sleeve deal, twill/canvas body/vtg sleeves, and maybe a 5zip (not sure how that would look). A canvas body would be cool for the standard colors/floral/bukakke tiger/digicam prints and could serve as a space for personal customization. Over time the vtg sleeves could tan, stay white, or be dyed by the wearer.
... a revamped, crazy winter varsity could be done with a cashmere body, shearling sleeves (with ribbing), and a removable quilted body lining.
Edited by omgcookielol - 3/17/12 at 1:40pmpost #17107 of 481423/17/12 at 1:28pmpost #17108 of 481423/17/12 at 1:40pmpost #17109 of 481423/17/12 at 1:56pmpost #17110 of 481423/17/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
Maybe a quilted style? blistered lamb that everyone always back when you first started. Maybe something with the band collar closing or band collar dr style.post #17111 of 481423/17/12 at 2:06pmpost #17112 of 481423/17/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
Non-ribbed would be sweet. Or even taking it further, and having it ultra minimalist with hidden placket buttons or zip.
But this is probably straying too far as Drew noted above..post #17113 of 481423/17/12 at 2:21pmpost #17114 of 481423/17/12 at 2:28pmpost #17115 of 481423/17/12 at 4:38pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 964 Active Users (189 Members and 775 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 16 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 17 minutes ago
- › Visvim Elmendorf A2 replica black XL 20 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 23 minutes ago
- › IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle,... 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 30 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...