Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1139
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17072 of 530883/16/12 at 3:02pmpost #17073 of 530883/16/12 at 3:26pmpost #17074 of 530883/16/12 at 3:47pmpost #17075 of 530883/16/12 at 4:10pmpost #17076 of 530883/16/12 at 4:19pmpost #17077 of 530883/16/12 at 5:11pmpost #17078 of 530883/16/12 at 5:49pmpost #17079 of 530883/16/12 at 6:11pmQuote:
Could it be this one here ? I'm feeling that colorway too
http://www.selectism.com/news/2008/12/24/whyred-harvey-jacket/post #17080 of 530883/16/12 at 6:52pmpost #17081 of 530883/16/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
Thanks. They're Common Projects Distressed Officer Boots. Good luck finding a pair, it took me about two months before another one came up for sale in my size. I know there was a larger one recently though. Totally worth the wait though as I think they go great with the fishtail and A2.Quote:
Shit. How soon is soon? I think a varsity might be my next order until we see other pants. I'm still interested in seeing you're take on denim and chinos, and if the trousers are as great as you claim they'll be, I'm gonna need another pair.
Also, and updates on leather goods? My money clip keeps sliding out of my coin pocket, so I'm thinking of getting a small CDG zip wallet this weekend if there are any black ones left in the city. Seems like everywhere online sold out.post #17082 of 530883/16/12 at 11:51pmNo drastic changes to my VTG MDR, but these two texture and evo pics display the subtle evolution since my last picture up date. Black markings are forming around the accordions from wear and the colour of the whole jacket is becoming a lot richer. The biggest surprise is the texture of the leather is really coming through and becoming less uniform, plus you can almost start seeing the what seems like freckles from exposure to the sun. This is one of those jackets that becomes more interesting the closer you get your eyes to it.
Drew has the pick up for the VTG been big? If not it should be because these jackets are something special, and who know if anyone will ever get a chance to own something like this in the future.post #17083 of 530883/16/12 at 11:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yea we have a few pieces left, we will put them up with pics this week sometime.
Still thinking on the baseball, it'd be similar but a little different. The calf suede was cool and a good price, but it comes out a little heavy with our build spec. Seems everyone wants the tan bball, maybe a few in the minority for the grey one.
Varsity is coming soon, still deciding on that as well. I want to make something crazy, but that only costs money and puts people off.
tan bball is fug
I'd love a blue, red, gray, bballpost #17084 of 530883/17/12 at 2:02amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Dellath
No drastic changes to my VTG MDR, but these two texture and evo pics display the subtle evolution since my last picture up date. Black markings are forming around the accordions from wear and the colour of the whole jacket is becoming a lot richer. The biggest surprise is the texture of the leather is really coming through and becoming less uniform, plus you can almost start seeing the what seems like freckles from exposure to the sun. This is one of those jackets that becomes more interesting the closer you get your eyes to it.
Drew has the pick up for the VTG been big? If not it should be because these jackets are something special, and who know if anyone will ever get a chance to own something like this in the future.
wow dude, I never guessed they'd get that dark so quickly. I was figuring most of them would sit in a golden blonde state and then eventually pick up dirty highlights on the raised areas. Yours is getting to be a really sexy color, like a baseball glove.
We haven't made many of those VTG's, and I'm satisfied with that the way it is, they are a bit laborious to make because of the leather, and then they go off in a different direction when it comes to first appearances, they're not the out of the box sex machines that the black lamb staple TOJ's are... so I worry about getting people to understand, and that's fine I guess. I'm usually on here trying to answer the legitimate comments and questions, but you know how half of this thread tends to be...
Anyway, I salute you. That is some damn fine work on that jacket. It's pretty seasoned up looking now, I'd enjoy it as-is and only give it limited sunning.post #17085 of 530883/17/12 at 4:49amThread Starter
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1155 Active Users (191 Members and 964 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina museum calf Chelsea boot GMTO 9 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 minutes ago
- › Decent tailor in Tucson? 15 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 19 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 31 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...