Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1012post #15166 of 528111/23/12 at 7:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15167 of 528111/23/12 at 8:34pmpost #15168 of 528111/23/12 at 8:39pmpost #15169 of 528111/23/12 at 8:41pmpost #15170 of 528111/23/12 at 8:42pmThread Starterblack is supposed to be a non-color in terms of the color spectrum, but in reality black clothes have to be made by making blue as dark as possible - because you can't shoot every color of the light spectrum to dye clothes magically like a wizard.
TOJ lamb and calf are really blue, actually, if you guys wear them long enough they will fade to a greyish blue in high wear areas. The lamb gives off a navy dye if you wash a lot of it (more than a single jacket)post #15171 of 528111/23/12 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #15172 of 528111/23/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
I just read an incredibly bad book that was exactly about this.
do not readpost #15173 of 528111/23/12 at 8:48pmpost #15174 of 528111/23/12 at 8:53pmpost #15175 of 528111/23/12 at 9:07pmpost #15176 of 528111/23/12 at 9:08pm
Earlier posts disappeared due to pending moderation
I've got a brown peacoat, a lite whiskey mdr with a bball on the way. The quality of construction is superb and the each fits like a glove. I haven't been disappointed yet, although I totally forgot to specify the polyfill lining in the peacoat.
Just wanted to point out that for all the leather daddy love and varsity hype itt, imo the suede blouson deserves much more attention than it (never) gets. It's on my "to kop" list, but will (probably) have to wait till after marital bliss.
Edited by Stitches - 1/24/12 at 12:33pmpost #15177 of 528111/23/12 at 9:09pmpost #15178 of 528111/23/12 at 9:23pmpost #15179 of 528111/23/12 at 9:24pmpost #15180 of 528111/23/12 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
black is supposed to be a non-color in terms of the color spectrum, but in reality black clothes have to be made by making blue as dark as possible - because you can't shoot every color of the light spectrum to dye clothes magically like a wizard.
TOJ lamb and calf are really blue, actually, if you guys wear them long enough they will fade to a greyish blue in high wear areas.
Yeah that's what I thought when the industrial zippers fucked up the cuff in a very early stage
Funny how Canada Goose is using a 'Top Class' YKK which snapped when I took it to test @ Yellowstone last month and the same YKK ToJ uses is effectively destroying everything at its path
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Site Topics - Part II 12 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 51 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 24 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 28 minutes ago
- › Carmina Split Toe Blucher in Brown Museum Calf. 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...