• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
2yl7cpl.jpg
This is the official Styleforum thread for Toj, a line of made to order men's outerwear, tailored basics and accessories.For those not yet familiar, we work with you to ensure a satisfactory fit and can customize measurements, and sometimes material choices. The ordering process is simple; email [email protected] with the item you're interested in commissioning, and we will send you a swift reply and talk about sizing and material options with you.Because we make each piece one by one with unique sizing and features, and relative to the order in which they were commissioned, our lead time can be from 3 to around 5 weeks, depending on the item and manufacturing process.Current availability, January 2011:1. The Double Rider's jacket, available in black calf, black New Zealand lamb, with all-black YKK Japan zippers, sateen lining: $710 shipped. Women's version available upon enquiry.2. The Moto jacket, available in black calf or black New Zealand lamb, with all-black YKK Japan zippers, sateen lining: $710 shipped3. The Bomber jacket, available in black and brown calf, black and brown lamb, and other colors upon request; matching sateen lining and YKK Japan zippers. Comes with removeable shearling collar as standard. $710 shipped.4. The Peacoat, available in a multitude of melton 'highmere' wools, with matching NZ lambskin trim and genuine horn buttons, with sateen lining. A light quilted polyfill insulation is available at an extra charge of $15. From $485 shipped5. The Toj Winter Varsity, 2010-2011: available in a multitude of body and sleeve color combinations; in highmere with NZ or Italian lambskin sleeves. -discontinued-6. The Duffle coat; available in a multitude of melton 'highmere' wools, with calfskin and natural horn toggle and button trims throughout, traditional local rope or black cotton cord, and sateen lining. Light quilted polyfill insulation $15 extra. $505 shipped7. The Chesterfield coat, $485 shipped.8. The Toj fishtail parka, two layers of melton highmere wool, removable jacket faced in sateen insulation, leather trimmings throughout, sateen grosgrain tape and YKK Japan zipper detail, removable natural fur collar trim, natural horn buttons throughout, handmade leather drawstring stoppers. $550 shipped.9. The Seabag; brown front quarter horsehide, to carry 3 ways, $415 shipped.New additions, Spring 2011:1. The 2011 3-zip Double Rider's jacket, with convertible cuffs. Available in black New Zealand lamb, with all-black YKK Japan zippers, sateen lining: $710 shipped. 2. The 2011 collared Moto jacket, with covertible cuffs. Available in black New Zealand lamb, with all-black YKK Japan zippers, sateen lining: $710 shipped. 3. The TOJ Classic shirt. Available in a multitude of cotton cloths. $120 shipped.4. The TOJ Safari shirt. Available in a range of solid twills. $120 shipped.Optional lamb colors available, for the Double Rider's, the Moto, the Bomber, the 2011 3-zip DR, and the collared Moto: Dark Grey, Medium Grey, Light Grey, Deep Royal (almost navy), Brown, Black, Whisky, Sand tan (has a tinge of grey in it), bright red (thinner lambskin), dark leaf green. Optional colors incur an additional $50 fee to dye the zippers to match. Other leathers are available from time to time, enquire within.Also note that the Bomber's removeable shearling collar is standard on black and brown jackets, and unavailable for other colors, so if ordering a Bomber without shearling, it is less $50.enquiries: [email protected]
w6y13o.jpg
25u2q03.jpg
8xmr7q.jpg
wjapu0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome drew. I consider my bomber a lifetime piece, as long as I don't get fat.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a lighter weight S/S Varsity. Would be all I could rock out of this line, I think
redface.gif

Beautiful though
worship.gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could you add pricing for accessories as well i.e. wallets?
worship.gif

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So DRs and Motos are only available with black zips now?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great stuff. How long are these prices gonna be valid though? Not complaing, just planning.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Great stuff. How long are these prices gonna be valid though? Not complaing, just planning.

These prices are set for awhile, unless the forex takes a very sizable dip on us, so subject to notice, but expect them to stay around the same range.

JonB27

Reaction score
My next TOJ will be a peacoat, just have to decide on what color to get. Decisions, decisions...

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to put up an up-to-date action shot of my bomber, a few months old now
5333635834_feed907d56_z.jpg

skeleton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I am getting Bomber questions lately but I don't know what to say beyond 1) don't use the pattern to make something else, 2) the components and materials are the same as they've been beyond the Riri zippers, which are good, and the only choice, and 3) they are solid as ****, no questions and you'll still be blown away when it's in your hands.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Current availability, January 2011: 3. The Bomber jacket, available in black and brown calf, black and brown lamb, and other colors upon request; matching sateen lining and YKK Japan zippers. $710 shipped.
so no more riri zippers?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I never really figured out why the price jumps. Unless it's just bigger margin which would be totally justifiable since it's still a fair bit below what it should cost for these things. Those shots of the chesterfield are drool-worthy.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ RiRi, Lampo etc. aren't necessarily of higher quality than YKK zippers. YKK makes all kinds of zippers - from cheap/lightweight to non-cheap/heavy...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skeleton
so no more riri zippers?

Yeah, Riri's have run out. There may be a couple more left in black but apart from that, we're just YKK Japan again. I like their performance/put together looks and they're my local offering, basically. You guys needn't worry about zippers because the differences are very minute and the effort to configurate them is huge, so we don't offer any kind of customization or choices when it comes to zippers, except when we can offer different colors (i.e. the blacked zippers as opposed to gunmetal, etc)... offering different brands of zippers, etc, is not viable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads