or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 624

post #9346 of 45044
Grow a full fu manchu and become the evil Doctor ToJ
post #9347 of 45044
Thread Starter 
oh yeah, evil thought: I will probably have to do a small price bump on most stuff to recover a bit on the sliding currencies, probably ask that $15 more I needed on the TOJ1 and then maybe $30-40 on leathers. I am not sure when I will enact that since I'm busy, but very soon.
post #9348 of 45044
Is that because youre moving to Japan where currency has been sitting still for a while?
post #9349 of 45044
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

cars-wise, I need to get some arab oil money or something. Still working on that, but Minami needs to cruise on the armrest next to me in the 458 in Blu Abu Dhabi over cream and blue scuro icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm just happy my thing for cars has subsided to an extend. I don't think I can afford to drive a nice car with mods and buy nice clothes at the same time. I think my location will determine the kind of cars I buy. If I decide to move back home, I'm probably just going to drive something wack since you can't really enjoy it in crappy traffic.


I will holler at you once my program is completed in about a year and I am free to relocate. devil.gif
post #9350 of 45044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Is that because youre moving to Japan where currency has been sitting still for a while?

Drew stated that he was going to bump the price on the varsity since he is making peanuts off it.

And he's raising the prices on the leathers so he can at least roll around in a C63 in the mean time.
post #9351 of 45044
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Is that because youre moving to Japan where currency has been sitting still for a while?

nah, it's because the won fluctuates on the dollar too much, and the suppliers/material importers keep asking for more, 50 cents here, a dollar there. Not really an end price thing, the costs get built in on the supply side before I even get to them. The yen is strong, but unrelated to TOJ stuff, until TOJ starts manufacturing in Japan. devil.gif
post #9352 of 45044
What program are you in wj4, if you don't mind me asking?
post #9353 of 45044
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post


I'm just happy my thing for cars has subsided to an extend. I don't think I can afford to drive a nice car with mods and buy nice clothes at the same time. I think my location will determine the kind of cars I buy. If I decide to move back home, I'm probably just going to drive something wack since you can't really enjoy it in crappy traffic.

Get into motorbikes, you can actually afford nice ones!
post #9354 of 45044
Thread Starter 
Too many bikes in Asia, and too many bad drivers. If you don't start out riding 50cc Honda cubs to deliver Chinese food over here by like age 14 to hone your riding skills, you're late to the game and potentially dangerous.
post #9355 of 45044
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

oh yeah, evil thought: I will probably have to do a small price bump on most stuff to recover a bit on the sliding currencies, probably ask that $15 more I needed on the TOJ1 and then maybe $30-40 on leathers. I am not sure when I will enact that since I'm busy, but very soon.

are you gonna give a deadline to get orders in before the prices go into affect? i feel like you may have done that in the past

if so, let me know 'cause i've been wanting to get a MDR and have my wife pay a little bit as a bday/xmas present

asked before but it didn't fly 'cause we just paid for a fence and are paying for surgery for our boston terrier this week and she's stressed about cash
post #9356 of 45044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2balls View Post

What program are you in wj4, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm pursuing my 2nd master's, MBA.


Bikes never interested me. The closest thing to a bike that I'd consider is a T-Rex. I got into cars during the last year of high school when some of the trust fund kids I knew were buying Ms and AMGs.

Today was a SF day. ToJ in the day time and TaT at night, haha.


Drew: How did you get into such an expensive taste in things, dude? I'm asking because I'm sorta the same way....this is why I'm always on the grind to make more money. When I mention brands like MMM and such, the only one to acknowledge me is the fashion director at my campus.

Since you're moving to Japan, just buy a ToJ van, dude. Get a van and put it on some obscure body kit and flush fitting wheels. nod[1].gif
post #9357 of 45044
The yen is too fucking strong.
post #9358 of 45044
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post


Drew: How did you get into such an expensive taste in things, dude? I'm asking because I'm sorta the same way....this is why I'm always on the grind to make more money. When I mention brands like MMM and such, the only one to acknowledge me is the fashion director at my campus.

Since you're moving to Japan, just buy a ToJ van, dude. Get a van and put it on some obscure body kit and flush fitting wheels. nod[1].gif

Good question man, wish I had some sort of deep answer to that, but the reality is that I've just always been this perfectionist/pseudo elitist so I'm always researching and trying to find the next level for everything, always trying to achieve my own 'ultimate' of everything, less related but partly influential - I went to high school in the ghetto basically, so having fresh gear and a nice car was always kind of protocol if you wanted to be on top of the heap. A little bit street. I still wear white sneakers and my jeans sagged to this day, comes from that. I can't believe how high some of you dudes wear your jeans. :P
post #9359 of 45044
I do it with the hope that one day colabear will acknowledge my bulge.
post #9360 of 45044
Probably a stupid question, but going back to the conversation about leather conditioner: couldn't you use lanolin? I realize it'd take more working into the leather than regular conditioner, but it seems like it's the closest substance to...y'know, lanolin.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011