or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 593

post #8881 of 42075
Thread Starter 
Regarding the BCDR - I see Woodyear's POV, and the BCDR is probably one of the one pieces I has me worried everytime mentions it. It's meant to be worn a certain way, half open, placket facing down. It needs to be a bit worn in and softened up. The reason I don't like even hearing about the BCDR is two part; a) almost everytime people get an assymetric jacket from me they feel the need to zip it all the way to the top... and b) it needs a bit of wear and is gonna look funny straight out of the package. Both a) and b) are factors out of my control, so that is why it always has me torn up about that jacket.
I have no idea why the DR jackets get zipped all the way to the top; the problem with the BCDR is that you look like a leather superhero if you do that. I look like the dude who is a few ticks away from 2025 samurai'ing you to death in that thing when I put it on. In any case, I intended for it to be worn half open. I don't think anyone who gets it will do that, though. Like any leather jacket, it needs to be worn and molded a bit to look right.

I am thinking about discontinuing the BCDR and the Collared Moto actually, they've had their run, the former also for the reasons above, and the latter because of the shitstorm regarding the simple molding of the collar to taste- I guess that is not a concept that is ever gonna be understood. Somehow otter understands this completely, and Woodyear does not. We need to have an otter vs Woodyear, Predator vs Aliens type thing in SW+D now.
post #8882 of 42075
personally, i would discontinue the moto, definitely keep the collared moto, as i think thats a great looking jacket.

I dont think i have had one jacket out of the box where the collar has sat the way i want it too...how can it after spending days packed in a box, maybe thats why i like throwing my jackets in the tub, not a washing machine, let it dry, then wear it while damp.... I mold the collar the way i like it, simple

the BCDR is a very stylized jacket, which when paired with the right jeans/pants and footwear can imo look good. The jacket is the star of the show, keep everything else simple

its a matter of playing with the zippers and finding the best look
post #8883 of 42075
just got my ma-1. best piece of clothing i've ever worn. (0).
post #8884 of 42075
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakas View Post

personally, i would discontinue the moto, definitely keep the collared moto, as i think thats a great looking jacket.

Moto will never be discontinued. The CM may make a reappearance someday, I dunno. BCDR, likely not. Never been able to get the part about it not being a fencing jacket across to people. artishard116 (?) is the only person I've seen who has really worn the BCDR not boxfresh and worn it properly. I think gdl203 wore his properly but it was fresh out of the box so it was a bit shapely.
post #8885 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post


Moto will never be discontinued. The CM may make a reappearance someday, I dunno. BCDR, likely not. Never been able to get the part about it not being a fencing jacket across to people. artishard116 (?) is the only person I've seen who has really worn the BCDR not boxfresh and worn it properly. I think gdl203 wore his properly but it was fresh out of the box so it was a bit shapely.

Yeah mine's gotten some solid wear and is creasing up nicely. Also, the 'flaps' have molded and stay down on their own now, even when it's unzipped all the way.
post #8886 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

the problem with the BCDR is that you look like a leather superhero if you do that. I look like the dude who is a few ticks away from 2025 samurai'ing you to death in that thing when I put it on.
I still fail to see what's wrong with this. (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

I am thinking about discontinuing the BCDR
Glad I got mine while I could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

and the Collared Moto
frown.gif

Also, be prepared for a flurry of last-minute orders following clark kent's last fit.
post #8887 of 42075
Moto (with the original band collar) is awesome. Glad to hear it'll never be discontinued. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #8888 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmisr View Post

2lcs3rs.jpg

There we go. Don't mind my pajamas...

Thanks again Drew, came out perfect.

Guys, really learn to measure yourself properly and you'll have a great jacket!

I just can't stand how the arm "poofs" out above the elbow.
Maybe it has something to do with the transition from a vertical ribbing to a horizontal ribbing.
post #8889 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhale12 View Post

Grow up you little twat. Go spend your time in a more productive way. Please.

 

Fucking immature shit.
 



 


immature? how so?
post #8890 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by echau View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmisr View Post

2lcs3rs.jpg

There we go. Don't mind my pajamas...

Thanks again Drew, came out perfect.

Guys, really learn to measure yourself properly and you'll have a great jacket!

I just can't stand how the arm "poofs" out above the elbow.
Maybe it has something to do with the transition from a vertical ribbing to a horizontal ribbing.

Agreed, it takes away from the silhouette. I would like the jacket minus the forearm ribbing.
post #8891 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by echau View Post


I just can't stand how the arm "poofs" out above the elbow.
Maybe it has something to do with the transition from a vertical ribbing to a horizontal ribbing.

Nobody can see that when you're wearing a jacket that dope
Take a look at the 3rd pic, and tell me if you notice the shoulders or the fact that that jacket is sick beyond belief
post #8892 of 42075
just seems it would be so awkward when you wear it out
post #8893 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post


Yeah mine's gotten some solid wear and is creasing up nicely. Also, the 'flaps' have molded and stay down on their own now, even when it's unzipped all the way.

You mean on a BCDR? It's been too hot to wear mine much, but I've left it maybe 2/3 of the way zipped with the "flaps" opening where they naturally fall (around where the internal seam hits), and it seems like it's at a point where they'll stay folded when worn open instead of straightening out (the latter of which looks funny, IMO).
post #8894 of 42075
I honestly think it's because the jacket hasn't been worn in yet. I don't intend to baby the jacket, so it should be a better look after a few months of wear.

I'll post a real pic in a few months with a proper fit.
post #8895 of 42075
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Also, be prepared for a flurry of last-minute orders following clark kent's last fit.

For real, need to get some $$ together
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011