or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 524

post #7846 of 44241
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post



thanks, i would appreciate if you would explain it to me though.

The middle of the jacket has to go around your body circumference. The jacket shoulders have to be wide enough only to sit on your shoulders.
If you have a 36 inch chest (46), half of that laid flat would be 18". This would be tight and not practical, so add the few extra inches and you have your 20" as shown on the chart.
post #7847 of 44241
bookmark
post #7848 of 44241
what would be the warmest toj leather available right now? lookin for somthin to wear in the winter with a shirt+sweater under it.
post #7849 of 44241
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark kent View Post


you pretty much have no idea what you're talking about.

Geez, what a dick.

Folks like this + the forum change = killing SF
post #7850 of 44241
I'd say the new bomber with shearling collar
post #7851 of 44241
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeLegDog View Post


Geez, what a dick.

Folks like this + the forum change = killing SF

lol
post #7852 of 44241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared7 View Post


The middle of the jacket has to go around your body circumference. The jacket shoulders have to be wide enough only to sit on your shoulders.
If you have a 36 inch chest (46), half of that laid flat would be 18". This would be tight and not practical, so add the few extra inches and you have your 20" as shown on the chart.

I'm a slim 36 and the 46 is really big on me. Might just be me but the 36 = 46 doesn't always match up.
post #7853 of 44241
Quote:
Originally Posted by max-t View Post

what would be the warmest toj leather available right now? lookin for somthin to wear in the winter with a shirt+sweater under it.

you should just wait since drew said he was going to make a shearling leather of some sort
post #7854 of 44241
Thread Starter 
Sizing methods didn't help much yet- only made things worse because people are just asking me more questions... confused.gif dudes, I am doing this on an iPad.... Not really feasible for me to check size charts and cross examine your lists of measurements, you guys gotta do this on your own. There are:
Body measurements, and
Jacket measurements.

Jacket fits over the body, so obviously it needs to be a little bigger. That is all. Break out your ruler and tape measure, measure some clothes you have, it's really, really easy if you just spend 10 minutes on it. I am very busy and each email has a bunch of questions in it, with answers there is only ever the same answer to.. confused.gif
post #7855 of 44241
Sounds like you need a new guy to help with the sizing questions man. No matter how fluent and straightforward you make that sizing guide you will never, ever stop getting sizing questions from guys buying a made to measure, 700 dollar, sight unseen leather jacket which they cant try on, over the internet.

Not to be a dickskin here but it is sort of unreasonable to expect people to size themselves on a purchase like this.

On first toj i simply submitted some measurements of nice fitting clothing, and basic height weight info as well as how id like the jacket to fit and then me and charly sort of haggled over the numbers until we came to something we both thought would be perfect....and it was.

Now that im on my second toj i merely took those numbers and revised them as i saw fit for a slightly different fit, and again you offered some valuable input which im hoping will allow my second jacket to fit even better than the first.

Bottom line is, youre gonna need a guy to handle sizing when operating a made to measure clothing business. Period.
post #7856 of 44241
Thread Starter 
A sizing person is not necessary- you know why? They wouldn't actually size anyone, they'd just repeat what I've already written about measuring. That is it. How do you order clothes from a website that also has sizing charts? Just expect to buy and then return constantly? TOJ has extra steps not for your detriment, it's for your benefit tha you get the freedom to choose your own size, but I haven't invented a wa to crawl through your LCD and measure you personally, so you'll have to spend the 10 minutes measuring yourself for the thing you want to purchase.

If there was another sizing person t be employed by TOJ, I will have to raise prices by about 35% on all items.
post #7857 of 44241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenoctem View Post

Sounds like you need a new guy to help with the sizing questions man. No matter how fluent and straightforward you make that sizing guide you will never, ever stop getting sizing questions from guys buying a made to measure, 700 dollar, sight unseen leather jacket which they cant try on, over the internet.

Not to be a dickskin here but it is sort of unreasonable to expect people to size themselves on a purchase like this.

On first toj i simply submitted some measurements of nice fitting clothing, and basic height weight info as well as how id like the jacket to fit and then me and charly sort of haggled over the numbers until we came to something we both thought would be perfect....and it was.

Now that im on my second toj i merely took those numbers and revised them as i saw fit for a slightly different fit, and again you offered some valuable input which im hoping will allow my second jacket to fit even better than the first.

Bottom line is, youre gonna need a guy to handle sizing when operating a made to measure clothing business. Period.

See its this sort of stuff which is going to force drew to either raise prices way higher (as he said here) or just go RTW with set sizes, you order what you want with leather type etc and it goes into the pile.

Seriously if you cant measure yourself your fucking retarded, complete realtalk.
post #7858 of 44241
mr toj, just give it up and open a restaurant, ok

dont you understand that ppl who post on lame fashion forums have serious issues
post #7859 of 44241
If Drew opened up a restaurant, those same sizing question dudes would be like

"How should I eat this burger? Do I eat it with a fork or the old fashioned way?"
"What cheese should I get with it?"
"How rare should I get it?"
"I can't decide between mesclun or fries"
"Instead of a brioche roll, can I have it on an oversized Red Lobster style biscuit?"
"I don't want fresh red onions, can I get caramelized onions in duck fat?"
"Should I use ketchup or not?"
"Instead of cheese, can I get black truffles instead?"
"Can I have the meat patty 3.8 oz instead of 4 oz?"
"What drink should I pair it with?"
"Do you have bald eagle burgers? What about giraffe?"
Edited by willy cheesesteak - 8/2/11 at 10:16am
post #7860 of 44241
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Jacket fits over the body, so obviously it needs to be a little bigger.

not trying to be an ass at all drew, I realize that there is some common sense involved, but for newbs who are not familiar with the thickness/construction of the jackets, it may be hard to know how much the "little bigger" should be. maybe you could add that to the sizing guide (for example, bombers should be x" bigger in the shoulders, y" bigger in the chest, z" longer in the sleeves). just a thought. :/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011