or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2719

post #40771 of 43686
i wasn't. pretty sure it is called the DR2013
post #40772 of 43686
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Yeah I'm about 13 months on my 2013 rider too - it'll come. I don't think I've seen anyone order the color I did. smile.gif

13 month wait YIKES...
post #40773 of 43686

Can anyone with a Leather MA-1 advise on how they size? I've seen people say size up for the wool suiting version, wanted to check and see if the same applied for the leather?

post #40774 of 43686
Sorry if I sound rude but why would you size up for a fully MTM leather? (Unless you intentionally wanted a looser fit).
post #40775 of 43686
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDinh View Post

Sorry if I sound rude but why would you size up for a fully MTM leather? (Unless you intentionally wanted a looser fit).

Well I'm looking to get these pieces second hand, so they won't be MTM for me. And I was just seeing as I've seen before that the Suiting Wool MA-1 runs very small, for example if you usually take a 48 in ToJ most people recommend taking a 50 or even 52 in the Wool MA-1.

So I wasn't sure if the Leather MA-1 would be true to size or run small.

post #40776 of 43686
The leather MA-1 isn't filled like the suiting wool one, so it should fit true to size. The reason why the suiting wool one fits small is because of the fill that makes it "puffy", so the external measurements should be larger than what you'd normally expect for a (non-down/poly/whatever filled) piece of outerwear.
post #40777 of 43686

Finally had my first dream about getting my BCDR.  It didn't fit very well, but it was still thrilling to open.

post #40778 of 43686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

The leather MA-1 isn't filled like the suiting wool one, so it should fit true to size. The reason why the suiting wool one fits small is because of the fill that makes it "puffy", so the external measurements should be larger than what you'd normally expect for a (non-down/poly/whatever filled) piece of outerwear.

 

Did most people size up one on the wool MA-1's? I had emailed charlie (?) when I ordered 10 months ago and he suggested going with whatever size one normally wears in jackets.


Edited by amathew - 7/27/14 at 3:31pm
post #40779 of 43686

I sized up

post #40780 of 43686
^ that's silly don't do that.
post #40781 of 43686
Did mods just remove a post from this thread where someone was claiming "we will never get our jackets" and that's why "sizing up doesn't matter"?
post #40782 of 43686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post

Did mods just remove a post from this thread where someone was claiming "we will never get our jackets" and that's why "sizing up doesn't matter"?

Either that or the poster deleted it himself.

post #40783 of 43686
post #40784 of 43686

(Not 100% but) 2 is calf, 14 is lamb.

Calf:

More rigid.
Glossier appearance.

More structure.
Longer break in period.

Will keep you warmer than the Lamb.


Lamb:

More drapey.
Soft 'buttery' to the touch.
No break in period.




Lamb is definitely more popular, its got an incredible feel and looks great, however calf will definitely last longer and it feels like it can take more of a beating.

post #40785 of 43686
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePlateKing View Post

Either that or the poster deleted it himself.

I don't think you can delete the whole post by yourself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011