Lol, of course you're going to keep it, because now it's a very finite resource. I guess you'll leave it in your sig till the right offer comes along.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2672
Styleforum Top Picks
It is not a contradiction in terms to say  ToJ could be handling the communication about delays better/more openly and  substantial delays are exactly what you should expect w/ an understaffed, perfectionistic, MTM operation. In fact the two things are linked: Part of what you pay for when you buy retail is this accommodation, this hand-holding through whatever problems arise, & and the promise to expect deliveries at a stipulated date. Sadly both the rah rah cheerleading & ill-advised "my jacket NAOW" posts kind of drown out the reciprocal nature of the discount & the delays.
Me: I'm pretty sanguine about it. I was annoyed a little bit in Feb-March cuz this spring was one of one of the coldest in North America apparently, but hey, I figure I'll fully get to enjoy things when winter rolls around, cuz I ordered in August, and I feel from the thread I've still got quite a while to wait.
Also, I have to admit that it got tiring to see what creative parts I put into it be ripped off and dragged out forever - you guys may have seen House of Billiam/Clothsurgeon - that guy has been lifting from me for years, from the first reversible varsity in 2009, and now making TOJ0's, MA-1's, and DR's and charging twice as much as me, the only difference to his MTM is that he lets people choose crazy colors and materials that ultimately look terrible and he's gotten some popularity as a stage clothing supplier, accordingly. It's like, the TOJ MA-1 from 2010 except he changes the placket to metallic silver and one sleeve to red, or he lets people do the fake margiela / \ zippers on random jackets. The feeling is probably like seeing your ex-gf go off and become a meth whore and just devolve before your eyes.
Being in Korea, I see whatever is popular in clothing trends come here to die, basically, and a couple years late - the kids are buying clothes from the small boutiques (they're cheap) and nobody really knows who designs them or where they're made, and nobody cares, because they're ripped off from everywhere, high or low. I ended up seeing a ton of fake TOJ0's in the black/black, jason bourne, and then black on dark grey body, from years ago. The other varsity styles, the MA-1, and the DR's (esp the MDR) all got lifted almost one for one, and replicated in like pleather and terrible materials. It's a little disappointing and made me want to move on with things. I think the epitome of this happened recently; I've known some girl for less than a year (about the time I started the first restaurant, so she doesn't really think of me (or know of me?) as Drew the clothing designer, rather I am just Drew from the cafe) - I follow her on instagram and she knows me well enough day to day, but I see her post one Sunday not too long ago, hanging out with her friends - and she's wearing a knockoff TOJ0 (visually, it's one for one, with the same ribbing height, white snaps and placement, stiching, except it has cloth sleeves instead of leather) in the jason bourne color way, and she has no idea of the backstory of what she is wearing. It's kinda disappointing because all of this has come so far, that jacket was made for Henry 5 years ago, and now it has sprouted the ripoffs, and they're that close to me now. I guess it should be funny, but I kinda liked that girl and so it ended up being a little depressing instead.
Love this post, cuz it's the work of a true aesthete. It takes taste to be disgusted by the little things.
His story is pretty amazing. From drawing on A4 papers to making it what it is. I wish continued success on the new ventures.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › Clothes and Perception 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › APC New cure sz 29 2 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays