Many thanks Charly.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2516
Styleforum Top Picks
Potsnu, you've sized up to accommodate muscle growth a few times, right? how much bigger were the shoulder measurements Charly gave you compared to your body measurements?
I measured my shoulders at 16.5 inches, told charly I wanted to gain about 10 lbs, he said an 18" s2s would be best. I want to trust Charly, but it couldn't hurt to discuss it here either. Especially with people saying that their jacket s2s is smaller than their measured s2s.
If it was a chest measurement that I thought was weird/large I wouldn't really worry about it, I like working out a lot so it isn't unrealistic for me to think I'll be able to fill it out eventually. But shouldn't jackets s2s measurement not change much with shoulder size? I would think the s2s would change a little, but still be based off where the shoulder bone is, whereas sleeve width and length would be the measurements to change with shoulder size.
I'm just a bit worried, because I wore some sort of calf/cow leather moto in highschool that I thought was really cool until I realized it was 2-4 inches too big in the chest and too big in the shoulder (about 19"), and really just made me look like a goofball. I know that the drapy-ness of lamb means that the measurements are slightly more forgiving, it won't look like I'm wearing a cardboard box, but I still would rather not have to rely on forgiveness.
Again, I want to trust Charly, but I've seen someone say that most people don't know how to measure s2s on their body anyway. My shoulders are slightly narrow compared to my chest (16.5" shoulder 42" chest), so I'm wondering if he might have a bias towards assuming that I'm underselling my actual shoulder measurement.
I'm pretty new to anything made to measure, so I might have a terrible understanding of how it works, or I might have actually miss-measured my body, I know. I'm not really as worried as I probably sound, I like the conversation here and want to fuel it a bit.
mine had that much discoloration from denim in only a few wears. shes a delicate one. thats a damn nice fit for an ebay pickup.
Charley has spoken, posts like these gotta stop
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 13 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 11 minutes ago
- › *** OTHER/shop London - Official Affiliate Thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES... 14 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 15 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 17 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 25 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...