or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2480

post #37186 of 42007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsnu View Post


Not really. Drew had already said that when TOJ ends he will work on capsule collections.

Capsule collections like they're gonna make products in a limited run? Or like for a small amount of preorders? jw

post #37187 of 42007
I heard it was 'by invitation only'. For people who ordered, never bitched about production delays...
post #37188 of 42007
Capsule collections = a special limited run for a retailer. The retailer would 99.9% handle any transactions. Drew's mentioned several times before that he'd be looking to explore a different market than ToJ for the most part anyway. Likely a higher price point even before retailer markup.
post #37189 of 42007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sussi View Post
 

I am 5'9'' 176lbs with 44" chest(I am sure I will be 45 till the summer) and I want a bit loose not really slim fit. I think 50 would be to tight. Charly said I should go 52 with 48 for loose fit. The only thing I am afraid is that the sleeves would be very tight in around biceps.

 

What's your bicep measurement? I got a size 50 navy/sand varsity and it is too tight now in the sleeves so unfortunately will have to sell. 

post #37190 of 42007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Capsule collections = a special limited run for a retailer. The retailer would 99.9% handle any transactions. Drew's mentioned several times before that he'd be looking to explore a different market than ToJ for the most part anyway. Likely a higher price point even before retailer markup.

And when everyone sees the higher prices, they'd have wished no one ever complained about wait times.
post #37191 of 42007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitlets View Post


And when everyone sees the higher prices, they'd have wished no one ever complained about wait times.

Depends on how much higher.  Would've gladly paid an extra $500 for a 3 month wait instead of a 7-9 month wait.  But yeah, hope they don't end up in Balmain/SLP territory.

 

Will be exciting to see the capsule collections for sure though.

post #37192 of 42007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather View Post
 

 

What's your bicep measurement? I got a size 50 navy/sand varsity and it is too tight now in the sleeves so unfortunately will have to sell. 

14,2"

post #37193 of 42007
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdudley View Post

Depends on how much higher.  Would've gladly paid an extra $500 for a 3 month wait instead of a 7-9 month wait.  But yeah, hope they don't end up in Balmain/SLP territory.

Will be exciting to see the capsule collections for sure though.

An extra $500?! Nah, maybe 1-200 more at most for 1/2 the wait time
post #37194 of 42007
It's not going to be the same product so it's irrelevant.
post #37195 of 42007
Guess my collection might not end at 6 jackets after all. shog[1].gif Assuming this is for menswear, I wonder if we'll see a moto in the new project... satisfied.gif
post #37196 of 42007

So this isn't directly related to TOJ, but the question arose within me the more I read through this thread (mainly the care people give to Drew/TOJ's sources of materials, etc.). It's quite the learning experience. Aaanyway. I am curious if there's any way to determine where a maker sources their leather (I'm thinking here of places like Rag & Bone, etc.). Do you just have to ask? Normally they're not the most public with such details.

post #37197 of 42007
Not really, unless it's disclosed.
post #37198 of 42007
Question for those who own the ToJ Peacoat: what is the wool like? Is it stiff like Sterlingwear's 80/20 melton or is it a softer more pliable wool?

I ask because I have a softer wool (merino) peacoat that drapes well, but is too soft for the collar to stand upright. I am debating sewing a piece of leather onto the back of the collar like the TOJ peacoat to add some firmness... but I'm not sure if the TOJ's wool is stiff enough to stand on its own, or if that is what the leather collar is for.
post #37199 of 42007

Woop woop. Got tracking for Suiting wool MA-1 ordered July 10th. Currently in customs, can't freaking wait!:bounce2: 

post #37200 of 42007
where are you june 15th order?!? anyone in the same boat?
Edited by jim_n - 1/28/14 at 11:13pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011