Capsule collections like they're gonna make products in a limited run? Or like for a small amount of preorders? jw
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2480
Styleforum Top Picks
I am 5'9'' 176lbs with 44" chest(I am sure I will be 45 till the summer) and I want a bit loose not really slim fit. I think 50 would be to tight. Charly said I should go 52 with 48 for loose fit. The only thing I am afraid is that the sleeves would be very tight in around biceps.
What's your bicep measurement? I got a size 50 navy/sand varsity and it is too tight now in the sleeves so unfortunately will have to sell.
Capsule collections = a special limited run for a retailer. The retailer would 99.9% handle any transactions. Drew's mentioned several times before that he'd be looking to explore a different market than ToJ for the most part anyway. Likely a higher price point even before retailer markup.
And when everyone sees the higher prices, they'd have wished no one ever complained about wait times.
Depends on how much higher. Would've gladly paid an extra $500 for a 3 month wait instead of a 7-9 month wait. But yeah, hope they don't end up in Balmain/SLP territory.
Will be exciting to see the capsule collections for sure though.
An extra $500?! Nah, maybe 1-200 more at most for 1/2 the wait time
So this isn't directly related to TOJ, but the question arose within me the more I read through this thread (mainly the care people give to Drew/TOJ's sources of materials, etc.). It's quite the learning experience. Aaanyway. I am curious if there's any way to determine where a maker sources their leather (I'm thinking here of places like Rag & Bone, etc.). Do you just have to ask? Normally they're not the most public with such details.
I ask because I have a softer wool (merino) peacoat that drapes well, but is too soft for the collar to stand upright. I am debating sewing a piece of leather onto the back of the collar like the TOJ peacoat to add some firmness... but I'm not sure if the TOJ's wool is stiff enough to stand on its own, or if that is what the leather collar is for.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...