I'm so happy I haven't read this thread in a couple of days.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2477
Styleforum Top Picks
This so much. Been scouring Seoul for good leather alternatives to ToJ. So many ugly jackets with oily and wrinkly surface
The only jacket that had the quality comparable to ToJ (guy also told me they use top of the line NZ and Spanish sheepskin) was a trucker jacket with mandarin collar. I mean, why?????
I ordered 11/12/13 and I've only stopped by this thread twice since then, but reading the last few pages, it seems that people who ordered in July are barely getting their orders now. That is a really long wait.
When I ordered, Charly said lead times were 16-20 weeks. I'm hoping that the wait times are longer than that right now b/c of the announcement of the impending closure. Late last year, he did say that orders slowed down and I'm hoping he can keep to the 16-20 weeks lead time that he told me.
I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. Keep the pics coming!
How you want to conduct business is totally up to you. You are not the norm. I hope you do not conduct business this way in all areas of you life...otherwise you have a future of making real estate brokers, car dealerships, and future employers all very happy. They will all take advantage of you.
true dat. i'm a car sales-man myself lol. we refer to people like me as a "lay-down". i can't bring myself to act like the people i deal with day to day.
all bashing aside. we're all here for the same purpose. i realize that not everybody feels the same as i do about the way TOJ handles customer service related-ish.
i guess my fondness is from the years i've spent on this forum watching drew's visions grow. i thought he would go out with more of a bang, but i know TOJ isn't the last that we will see of him.
i understand the eagerness, but there's a difference between that and straight up impatientness. i remember placing orders and getting them within a month or so. i guess the drastic waiting times can be pretty frustrating if you weren't initially and totally prepared from them.
I ordered an A-2. I submitted my measurements, Charly made adjustments, I made a few more, and that was it. Paid / ordered on June 14 and never submitted a change after that date.
What are you talking about lol. Of course TOJ is a business, and a very successful one at that. They're not making jackets out of charity.
you pretty much have two options here, wait for your jacket or cancel your order. It sucks but we're all waiting in line. IMO just relax and forget about it for a while. It's just a physical object, man, and you'll get it eventually. Not worth getting upset over.
I don't mind the wait. I only mind being given inaccurate ship dates. Would have been fine if I was initially told no decent estimate could be given. It's about managing expectations.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Italian CBD 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 3 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Maison Martin Margiela Espadrillas in Size 43 (10) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw