I'm so happy I haven't read this thread in a couple of days.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2477
Styleforum Top Picks
This so much. Been scouring Seoul for good leather alternatives to ToJ. So many ugly jackets with oily and wrinkly surface
The only jacket that had the quality comparable to ToJ (guy also told me they use top of the line NZ and Spanish sheepskin) was a trucker jacket with mandarin collar. I mean, why?????
I ordered 11/12/13 and I've only stopped by this thread twice since then, but reading the last few pages, it seems that people who ordered in July are barely getting their orders now. That is a really long wait.
When I ordered, Charly said lead times were 16-20 weeks. I'm hoping that the wait times are longer than that right now b/c of the announcement of the impending closure. Late last year, he did say that orders slowed down and I'm hoping he can keep to the 16-20 weeks lead time that he told me.
I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. Keep the pics coming!
How you want to conduct business is totally up to you. You are not the norm. I hope you do not conduct business this way in all areas of you life...otherwise you have a future of making real estate brokers, car dealerships, and future employers all very happy. They will all take advantage of you.
true dat. i'm a car sales-man myself lol. we refer to people like me as a "lay-down". i can't bring myself to act like the people i deal with day to day.
all bashing aside. we're all here for the same purpose. i realize that not everybody feels the same as i do about the way TOJ handles customer service related-ish.
i guess my fondness is from the years i've spent on this forum watching drew's visions grow. i thought he would go out with more of a bang, but i know TOJ isn't the last that we will see of him.
i understand the eagerness, but there's a difference between that and straight up impatientness. i remember placing orders and getting them within a month or so. i guess the drastic waiting times can be pretty frustrating if you weren't initially and totally prepared from them.
I ordered an A-2. I submitted my measurements, Charly made adjustments, I made a few more, and that was it. Paid / ordered on June 14 and never submitted a change after that date.
What are you talking about lol. Of course TOJ is a business, and a very successful one at that. They're not making jackets out of charity.
you pretty much have two options here, wait for your jacket or cancel your order. It sucks but we're all waiting in line. IMO just relax and forget about it for a while. It's just a physical object, man, and you'll get it eventually. Not worth getting upset over.
I don't mind the wait. I only mind being given inaccurate ship dates. Would have been fine if I was initially told no decent estimate could be given. It's about managing expectations.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › PATRIK ERVELL KHAKI WINTER JEANS SIZE 31 5 minutes ago
- › Cleaning Horse Hair Brushes in Dishwasher 8 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 12 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)