or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2469

post #37021 of 40814

post #37022 of 40814
I have become the ultimate in horrible TOJ customer behavior.
post #37023 of 40814
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedWay View Post

Guys. Guys. More people have messed up the fit on their ToJ by worrying about a couple half-inches here or there than have gotten a better fit out of it. Distorb should know this best of all. Give Charly guidance, but let him size you- he will help you get the right fit, you're more likely to fuck it up and leave yourself with $800 of regret. 

Yeap that's what I did and my jacket for perfectly.
post #37024 of 40814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I have become the ultimate in horrible TOJ customer behavior.

What did you order that you keep bugging them about :-)
post #37025 of 40814
Ordered a jacket after a billion emails, waited a few months, asked about changing it completely, still haven't submitted measurements. I have become everything I hate.
post #37026 of 40814

You're just trying to be the last person to receive a ToJ jacket, aren't you Synth?

post #37027 of 40814

.


Edited by Distorbiant - 1/23/14 at 2:05am
post #37028 of 40814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Ordered a jacket after a billion emails, waited a few months, asked about changing it completely, still haven't submitted measurements. I have become everything I hate.

hope they still make it for you tongue.gif
post #37029 of 40814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Ordered a jacket after a billion emails, waited a few months, asked about changing it completely, still haven't submitted measurements. I have become everything I hate.

What you getting?
post #37030 of 40814
Honestly though, sleeve width is something to be picky about, at least for me. If a sleeve can't at least be closed to be a snug/tapered fit, especially for something like a slim fitting leather jacket, I think it looks pretty goofy. sleeves that "open up" like bell bottoms really drive me crazy, not to mention they constantly bounce against my wrists
post #37031 of 40814

So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er. 

post #37032 of 40814
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedWay View Post
 

So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er. 

 

Nobody in the last few pages has proposed that we should modify our cuff measurements to make this "right-er." Nobody has proposed that we shouldn't ask Charly any questions. You're arguing against a point that nobody has made. 

post #37033 of 40814

Did my Mississauga bro on here get his jacket yet?

post #37034 of 40814
I wish there was a way to filter the posts of people who have/n't received jackets.

Distorbiant is right; pay attention to your cuff measurement if you want a smaller opening... just don't get overzealous about it (cause in the end you WILL get what you ask for).
post #37035 of 40814


2,3,4
Edited by afixedpoint - 1/23/14 at 11:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011