Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2466
Styleforum Top Picks
...i didn't trust myself or anyone else to measure myself accurately enough and I didn't want the proportions of the jacket to be ruined with potentially whack measurements, so I was just gonna measure myself and see which stock size fits closest...
...sure I'd be getting a jacket that doesn't fit super duper perfectly, but I think it'd be pretty negligible (Drew himself said ~90% of us would be totally fine going OTR in a post of his iirc) considering I don't have a weird body...
I wish I fit in that 90% but I have a weird body. Looking at the stock sizing chart for the QDR, I'm all over the place...
a size 48 shoulders, could probably do a 50 chest but a little snug, could probably do a 46 length but a little short, and a 52 to fit my arms into although the elbow and wrist would be too large...so I'm somewhere between a 46 and 52
I guess I'll see how these weird measurements will affect the overall proportions of the jacket. I'm hoping that the jacket design will still be there with the proper fit.
I'm probably the only one who thinks like this, but back when I was really considering a toj (can't now cause it'd be financially irresponsible ), I was always planning on ordering a completely stock size
i didn't trust myself or anyone else to measure myself accurately enough and I didn't want the proportions of the jacket to be ruined with potentially whack measurements, so I was just gonna measure myself and see which stock size fits closest
sure I'd be getting a jacket that doesn't fit super duper perfectly, but I think it'd be pretty negligible (Drew himself said ~90% of us would be totally fine going OTR in a post of his iirc) considering I don't have a weird body
so yeah, some food for thought, and, like I said, I'm probably the only dude who thinks like this
Thanks for the advice. I was sort of thinking the same thing. The problem is I'm really short, 5'4" so I can never fit OTR clothing in the sleeves since many makers assume you are the same height, just slimmer. I'm thinking of just altering the length of the arms and the coat length and leaving the rest to whatever fits best. To compound the problem, I'm really overweight right now (like 20 pounds) so my waist and midsection measurements are horrible. By the time this ships I should be a lot thinner as I'm running everyday now. I'm just worried about how the jacket will fit the new me. I'd love to order just one and wait to judge the others but this closing thing has put me in a bind.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Undercover x Hysteric Glamour artisanal cargo pants 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The multi-pattern Good Taste Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...