or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2437

post #36541 of 44891

^Im sure he is very busy, isnt he opening a restaurant? or something like that. The guy from collateral concepts wait time is 3 weeks.

post #36542 of 44891
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

No but I can't for the life of me figure out how it takes over 6 months to make a jacket. That's roughly how long it takes to build a fucking Rolls Royce...

 

Think about your logic for a second.

post #36543 of 44891
There's workshops of 1 to two people making different jacket types. It's all been explained before... there's less than 8 people total on the production end IIRC.
post #36544 of 44891
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

There's workshops of 1 to two people making different jacket types. It's all been explained before... there's less than 8 people total on the production end IIRC.
so there's a chance my moto will be done earlier?

When I ordered at the beginning of November I was thinking the whole 6 month thing was a gross exaggeration. Didn't really think it was fact! Don't get me wrong, I'll wait but damn that's a very very long time
post #36545 of 44891
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

^Im sure he is very busy, isnt he opening a restaurant? or something like that. The guy from collateral concepts wait time is 3 weeks.

is collateral concepts a similar co to toj? great leathers for cheap prices, if so catch me up
post #36546 of 44891
It's a totally different style... more SZ. And the price point is about triple for leathers IIRC. Relative to MA+ etc., you could call it cheap. Dude makes other stuff too.
post #36547 of 44891

If we're talking about other efforts like TOJ, I'm interested in how Andrew Diba fares (he recently became an SF affiliate under Neo Nouveau). At this time he's just got one A-1 jacket on offer, but my exchanges with him have always been great and he seems really keen on expanding his stuff. The A-1 is priced around TOJ levels ($750-800ish, I think), so I'd keep an eye on that. 

post #36548 of 44891
There's always Cloth Surgeon (10000000000000000). They been biting Drew since they were called House of Billiam after all.
post #36549 of 44891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post

If we're talking about other efforts like TOJ, I'm interested in how Andrew Diba fares (he recently became an SF affiliate under Neo Nouveau). At this time he's just got one A-1 jacket on offer, but my exchanges with him have always been great and he seems really keen on expanding his stuff. The A-1 is priced around TOJ levels ($750-800ish, I think), so I'd keep an eye on that. 

http://neonouveau.ca/collections/jackets/suede-a-1/

Damn, is that @e0d9n0b5??
post #36550 of 44891
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

No but I can't for the life of me figure out how it takes over 6 months to make a jacket. That's roughly how long it takes to build a fucking Rolls Royce...

It takes six months to make everyone else's jackets that were ordered before yours.
post #36551 of 44891
I love how defensive the TOJ fanboi's get. Didn't realize you guys were on payroll.
post #36552 of 44891
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

I love how defensive the TOJ fanboi's get. Didn't realize you guys were on payroll.

 


It's not being defensive. You made an in incredibly dumb comparison between the manufacturing process of a single motor vehicle and the wait time of a backlogged leather jackets queue. If you were joking, your humor didn't translate well into text.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post


so there's a chance my moto will be done earlier?

When I ordered at the beginning of November I was thinking the whole 6 month thing was a gross exaggeration. Didn't really think it was fact! Don't get me wrong, I'll wait but damn that's a very very long time

 

I have a feeling we'll be hitting some 7 month jackets. People are already inching past the 6th month mark. 

post #36553 of 44891

Honest question: does it really matter? I mean, for about $800 you're getting a leather that's made specifically for you, to your measurements, by a team that is clearly dedicated to using the best materials and doing the best work possible. I wouldn't mind if it took a year (and let's face it, sometimes Alden takes about that for one of their shoe makeups, and quality control isn't even comparable).

post #36554 of 44891

I'd say it matters and that the wait time is a valid complaint. But nobody is forcing anyone to buy a TOJ here.

post #36555 of 44891
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

I love how defensive the TOJ fanboi's get. Didn't realize you guys were on payroll.

who's being defensive (except you)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011