Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2430
Styleforum Top Picks
Looking for some footwear suggestions.
I have a medium whiskey calf CM in the hopper right now -- obviously I have a little time to save $$ for some appropriate shoes/boots!
Right now I'm thinking something like roughout jumper/trench/service-style boots, maybe Alden or OSB. Viberg boondockers look nice but the tan color on their web site might be a little light.
Medium whiskey is a fabulous color but I only have black, walnut/brown and tan shoes/boots right now.
OTOH the Carmina Emerson jodhpurs with Dainite that Epaulet sells are really sweet, and here in Paris that style is pretty on-point right now.
Any other suggestions, especially on colors? -- $700 max is my budget.
You're not gonna match shoes to the medium whiskey exactly, and I'd not go on a goose chase to try. However, brown and tan shoes should coordinate well w/ the medium whiskey, and depending on how the color is, maybe even black shoes. I'd advise that you start shopping for the shoes once you get the jacket and get a feel for its in-person color. Stylistically, yeah, jodhpurs and combat boots are a sound idea.
@flahertongs, the jacket is fine
I'm with you, I like the jacket to hug a bit or show some waist suppression when you have the body for it. I dont buy the catchall arguement that its mean to be straight down, there have been good examples reflecting it can be achieved and looks good...that all being said, from the pics yours looks really good and I would be inclined to not tamper with it.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 40 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Any ideas on this Cleverley leather? Is it the 1786 Reindeer? 2 minutes ago
- › ACNE STUDIOS GREY DRIFTER SLIM-FIT LINEN AND COTTON-BLEND SUIT... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › ACNE STUDIOS MAX SLIM-FIT OVERDYED DENIM JEANS size 34W x 32 L 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)