This is probably a stupid question that I would be able to figure out if I knew how the search the thread, but what are excella zips? Are they different from the YKK standard zips?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2428
Styleforum Top Picks
I am reading this Toj thread for more than a year now, but this is my very first post. I put my order on 17/8, black/black TOJ0. I get for 50 with 48 legths. But then I somehow saw fit photos of user Leather. He said that the jacket is tight in the shoulders and he has it in size 50. He's 6" and 160 pounds. I am 5,9 and 176 pounds - chest 18,5 inch. Charlie said 50 will be good, he said the same for Black lamb MA-1 I am planning to order before cutoff. But I am afraid I have to contact him to change size of my already ordered TOJ0 to 52 with 48 lengths. What do you guys think? :)
I'm pretty sure half of us are waiting for this exact jacket (minus excella zips for me.)
I'm not going to come right out and say that I think diamond quilting looks bad, but why anybody would go for it over the channel is beyond me.
Damn, It was my first post and I already said something wrong. 18,5 is my shoulders measurements and pit to pit 22. That's why I think size 50 won't fit me well.
Size 50 is 18.3 shoulder to shoulder and 22 pit to pit.
You have 18.5 shoulders and a 44 inch chest.
Sounds like you should get someone to measure you again or size up.
Ah, it's so obvious that I slept only 3 hours. Shoulders are 18,5 and around chests is 44. I am sorry for last two confusing posts. I think my chests and size 50 is ok, but I am afraid the jacket would be to tight in shoulders. I will always wear it unzipped but anyway. I want a little loose fit, like Drew's on the photos of MA-1 few posts back.
What size do you usually wear for jackets?
Your measurements seem off...
Do you have any other clothes that fit how you want the TOJ0 to fit?
If you do, then measure those clothes and use them as a comparison.
Did you follow their measuring guide? http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/howtoorder
Also, did you tell Charly what kind of fit you were looking for?
The more information you give him (with accurate measurements), the more he'll be able to help you out.
The ToJ house fit is generally slim-fitting so if that isn't your thing then let him know and he'll adjust accordingly.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › Tie Loafers and Jay Butler Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...