or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2419

post #36271 of 39266

how warm is the suiting wool ma-1?

post #36272 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

anyone know the nb models? lookin good
post #36273 of 39266
Should an mdr be shorter and tighter than a moto or about the same length and width?
post #36274 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post

Should an mdr be shorter and tighter than a moto or about the same length and width?

Personal preference, but I would say same.
post #36275 of 39266
I was torn between a cwu and an mdr. I might end up getting two--either cwu & mdr or moto & mdr.

Are the pockets of the cwu as hard to reach into & as small as the ones on the a2?

I barely use the a2's, but use the toj0's a lot--way easier to reach into & roomier.
post #36276 of 39266
Does anyone have a suiting wool MA1 in a larger size (52 or 54) and can speak to the sizing as compared to the leather jacket models? Having trouble figuring out the size chart because it accounts for the padding/loft and doesn't include waist measurements.
post #36277 of 39266

I'm just about ready to place my order. Black lamb QDR silver zips, bemberg lining.

I was suggested to go with something like this:

shoulders 17.0"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.1"
waist 18.6"
body length, front 21.5"
body length, back 23.6"
sleeve length, from shoulder 24.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.2"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.2"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.0"

 

I'm about 5'11 ~145-150. 38 chest, 28 waist. Do you guys think that these measurements are okay? I've already talked to charly about them and I'm just looking for more opinions. I'm basically mostly wondering about the jacket length. I want a cropped jacket, but not too much. With my height, will the current jacket length be fine? Do I need to go shorter? I think if I go down .5 inch it should be good? Should i keep the stock 46 length?

 

Just thought of this, does the p2p seem too big for my chest? 

Also, because only sleeve length can be modified, I should go with a size 46, maybe modify the length a little and I should be good to go? Sorry for so many questions and for this being all over the place. I just want to get the sizing done right the first time.

post #36278 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0nky View Post


I'm about 5'11 ~145-150. 38 chest, 28 waist. Do you guys think that these measurements are okay? I've already talked to charly about them and I'm just looking for more opinions. I'm basically mostly wondering about the jacket length. I want a cropped jacket, but not too much. With my height, will the current jacket length be fine? Do I need to go shorter? I think if I go down .5 inch it should be good? Should i keep the stock 46 length?

I'm not sure what you want from us. You want a cropped jacket, but not too much. What does that even mean?

It's not rocket science. Grab a measuring tape, start at your collar bone and figure out where you want the jacket to land and submit those measurements.

Just because you're listed at 5'11, that doesn't give us any indication on how long your jacket should be.

You can have a short torso, long torso, average torso at 5'11. We have no idea.

You can go 0.5 inch shorter, longer, it's not going to drastically affect the jacket.

Like I said, grab a measuring tape. Figure out where you want the jacket to land from your collar bone and you're good to go.
post #36279 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsnu View Post


I'm not sure what you want from us. You want a cropped jacket, but not too much. What does that even mean?

It's not rocket science. Grab a measuring tape, start at your collar bone and figure out where you want the jacket to land and submit those measurements.

Just because you're listed at 5'11, that doesn't give us any indication on how long your jacket should be.

You can have a short torso, long torso, average torso at 5'11. We have no idea.

You can go 0.5 inch shorter, longer, it's not going to drastically affect the jacket.

Like I said, grab a measuring tape. Figure out where you want the jacket to land from your collar bone and you're good to go.

Sigh. You're right. I'm over thinking this. Lol thanks this kicked me in the right direction.

post #36280 of 39266
I'm surprised about 24.5 sleeves at 5'11", but I'm not the expert. I'd think everything else there will be good. p2p sounds fine.
post #36281 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by leipergrey View Post

Are the pockets of the cwu as hard to reach into & as small as the ones on the a2?

Yes, they are in my opinion, not functional unless you have smaller hands. I wear a large glove, and can't really get my hands in there (size 54 jacket). If you want a leather bomber with useable pockets, I might go with the leather MA-1.
post #36282 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post
 

how warm is the suiting wool ma-1?

Right now where I am it's -12 celsius and I am comfortable in it.

post #36283 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

I'm surprised about 24.5 sleeves at 5'11", but I'm not the expert. I'd think everything else there will be good. p2p sounds fine.

It depends on the jacket. I'm 5"10 with the same jacket with 23.9" sleeves, on my A-2 its 25"
post #36284 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0nky View Post

I'm just about ready to place my order. Black lamb QDR silver zips, bemberg lining.
I was suggested to go with something like this:


















































shoulders 17.0"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.1"
waist 18.6"
body length, front 21.5"
body length, back 23.6"
sleeve length, from shoulder 24.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.2"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.2"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.0"


I'm about 5'11 ~145-150. 38 chest, 28 waist. Do you guys think that these measurements are okay? I've already talked to charly about them and I'm just looking for more opinions. I'm basically mostly wondering about the jacket length. I want a cropped jacket, but not too much. With my height, will the current jacket length be fine? Do I need to go shorter? I think if I go down .5 inch it should be good? Should i keep the stock 46 length?

Just thought of this, does the p2p seem too big for my chest? 
Also, because only sleeve length can be modified, I should go with a size 46, maybe modify the length a little and I should be good to go? Sorry for so many questions and for this being all over the place. I just want to get the sizing done right the first time.

shoulders 17.3"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.3"
midsection 18.0"
waist 18.5"
body length, front 21.2"
body length, back 23.3"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.0"
sleeve width @ pit 7.0"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.1"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.0"

140-145, 5'9 broad shoulders, short torso, long arms, asked for the drew fit. went up .3 in shoulders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

I'm surprised about 24.5 sleeves at 5'11", but I'm not the expert. I'd think everything else there will be good. p2p sounds fine.

lol I have alien arms
post #36285 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post

lol I have alien arms

Me too man. I'm 5'7" and I've got a 25" sleeve jacket that I wish had longer sleeves
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011