That might be worth more money, if Drew sheds a tear when he places that final TOJ label on the jacket and cures the leather.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2409
Styleforum Top Picks
Since I am about to order my first (and probably last) TOJ this weekend, please say more about why you think goat > lamb. Don't care if it's a minority opinion. What I'm interested in is an MDR since I'd like something a bit less rakish/sporty than a BCDR, as well as something that's more minimalist. In grad school, so it's best to be on the conservative side. Heard a lot about TOJ lamb, so my first priority isn't hardiness as much as elegance/softness, but I'd like to know why you think goat is nicer than lamb.
So, I know TOJ's black lamb gets the most raves, but what about their other colors? I wear a lot of tans/blues/browns/burgundy, so I'd like to go for the whiskey lamb if I end up with lamb, else brown goat.
And while we're on goat, could someone illustrate the difference between glazed/unglazed? I don't really know how the glaze is achieved, so is that something that needs to be conditioned/maintained over time?
You guys thought the zipper wars were bad?
Got my 2010 DR, and it actually fits quite well - as intended in the design anyway, so a little short for my usual tastes but that's what it's meant to look like and I knew that when I bought it. So that's good. The materials and construction seem to live up to all the hype. One thing I wasn't aware of though, is that the "blacked out" apples to all hardware EXCEPT the snaps for buttoning down the collar, underneath. So it looks pretty weird to wear the collar up as there are 4 suddenly very noticeable metallic nipples sitting there. Hence, the following question: what should I do in order to make my blacked out DR fully blacked out? Only thing I can think to use is nail polish, which will probably come off if I actually use the snaps to snap the collar down ever.
AR, tape off the rest of the jacket and get some black enamel spray paint?
Proper masking tape probably won't cause any ill effects to the leather finishing. You could buy a roll at a hardware store and try it out on a non-visible area to be sure.
they have this tape for when someone's painting something and doesn't want to paint on parts of the surface but doesn't want the tape to leave a residue. what's it called again? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AR6, go to a hobby store and get some black enamel paint that people use to paint their tiny war machines or whatever. It'll probably chip eventually, but whatever.
Right before AR6 tapes his jacket:
Unless he got an Aventador, he should have bought a Ferrari and it has the same lead time as a Toj.
Or you could trade the lambo for a Poltrona Frau Toj.
I think for a rider jacket, you'd want the calf suede instead of lamb suede. Lamb suede is what they make the T1/T3 out of and although I've never handled one, I think people's reviews are that it's pretty lightweight, so I'd imagine it's a lot lighter than lamb leather.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 3 minutes ago
- › Suit for $500ish 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)