Nope. You'll probably want an actual protective jacket. Drew's done a prototype with calf+padded inserts before.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2392
Styleforum Top Picks
Scored big today. Joseph. A Banks cashmere sport coat in tobacco, camel hair in sand and cashmere great coat in black. Giorgio Armani cashmere great coat in charcoal. Hartt brogues lgb in oxhide Bourbon, Dack Oxfords Prairie ox in brown, RJ Wright cognac brogue monk English made.
I also follow the thrift thread and the TOJ thread.
I want some black leather shoes to pair with a black moto, indigo jeans and various t-shirts and button downs. It's important to me that the leather shoes can be used in a business casual wardrobe as well as with jeans. Would these chelseas look good? If not, what are your recommendations?
I've packed on 10-15 pounds of muscle since ordering my CWU about 18 months ago and I plan to keep working out. Is it time to consider ordering a new one? Jacket kind of rides up in the center back since my traps are bigger and I don't have the best posture. Gussets are also almost always stretched out.
Looking at B&S prices, figure it'd cost ~$400 at the high end to get a new jacket, maybe less. I'm thinking it might be worth it. Might even upgrade my 4-zip moto while I'm at it...
Edited by Ketawa - 11/25/13 at 10:09pm
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Best place to buy a suit? 31 seconds ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › Favorite CM Purchase of 2014 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Who makes wool rich boots? 18 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...