Nope. You'll probably want an actual protective jacket. Drew's done a prototype with calf+padded inserts before.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2392
Styleforum Top Picks
Scored big today. Joseph. A Banks cashmere sport coat in tobacco, camel hair in sand and cashmere great coat in black. Giorgio Armani cashmere great coat in charcoal. Hartt brogues lgb in oxhide Bourbon, Dack Oxfords Prairie ox in brown, RJ Wright cognac brogue monk English made.
I also follow the thrift thread and the TOJ thread.
I want some black leather shoes to pair with a black moto, indigo jeans and various t-shirts and button downs. It's important to me that the leather shoes can be used in a business casual wardrobe as well as with jeans. Would these chelseas look good? If not, what are your recommendations?
I've packed on 10-15 pounds of muscle since ordering my CWU about 18 months ago and I plan to keep working out. Is it time to consider ordering a new one? Jacket kind of rides up in the center back since my traps are bigger and I don't have the best posture. Gussets are also almost always stretched out.
Looking at B&S prices, figure it'd cost ~$400 at the high end to get a new jacket, maybe less. I'm thinking it might be worth it. Might even upgrade my 4-zip moto while I'm at it...
Edited by Ketawa - 11/25/13 at 10:09pm
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 17 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Question. Need help! 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Furniture Modern Minimalis 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)