Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2388
Styleforum Top Picks
post #35807 of 41879
11/22/13 at 8:30am
post #35808 of 41879
11/22/13 at 8:36am
post #35809 of 41879
11/22/13 at 8:55am
At -40 you best be wearing that TOJ leather jacket under a down parka so you're probably okay.
post #35810 of 41879
11/22/13 at 9:50am
Yeah, I'm in Alaska and I don't recommend any leather jacket for that kind of cold unless it's lined with thick shearling. Even then there are much better options. I'd wear a leather with a hoodie or sweater underneath down to -30 Celcius, but only if I was driving in town without the possibility of getting stranded in the middle of nowhere.
post #35811 of 41879
11/22/13 at 10:09am
post #35812 of 41879
11/22/13 at 10:21am
I live in Winnipeg and I've worn my ToJ1 out down to about -30°C and I haven't noticed any cracking or anything like that.
post #35813 of 41879
11/22/13 at 11:06am
post #35814 of 41879
11/22/13 at 11:11am
post #35815 of 41879
11/22/13 at 11:33am
post #35816 of 41879
11/22/13 at 11:55am
Funny, it can hit -40C near Toronto too, which is confusing since Potsnu posted that. I guess most people find shelter in the iron jungle. Most of non-coastal Canada, pretty much, gets to -40 a few times a year.
post #35817 of 41879
11/22/13 at 12:03pm
post #35818 of 41879
11/22/13 at 1:25pm
post #35819 of 41879
11/22/13 at 1:54pm
post #35820 of 41879
11/22/13 at 3:17pm
Well people in Toronto will wear Canada Goose + sweat pants + UGGs/Timberlands in +10C lol
I'm rarely outside for more than a few minutes in the winter, as I'm either driving or taking a taxi.
But back to the topic, if you sized for a slightly looser fit you can easily wear a hoodie + leather jacket + scarf/toque/gloves and be reasonably warm.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
Currently, there are 1726 Active Users (441 Members and 1285 Guests)
- › things that are making you happy 28 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Louis Vuitton double-breasted jacket in black size 52 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)