Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2379
Styleforum Top Picks
Not really. It's not like, elongated dramatically, but long enough to where a cropped jacket with proper length sleeves looks disproportionate to the hem.
It's the difference of the hem being right at the belt vs right at the coin pocket of your jeans.
Would Like some thoughts on sizing for an MA1. I have a TOJ 0 that fits me quite well, in 46.TOJ0 Fit (Click to show)
I'd like it to fit really well, slimmish, but be a tad bit shorter than my TOJ 0. Same fit though. But the 44 MA1 looks closer to the 46 TOJ 0 than the 46 MA 1 does. HMM. Thoughts?
uhhhh not really.
ordered my rider in 21.2 front length (vs. 20.5 on the denim jacket) and 25 inch sleeves (24 on the denim jacket.)
It's true..cropped stuff looks ridiculous on me -_-
On the bright side, longer lengths tops + 3/4 coats look awesome on me because of long legs
Yeah this is what I'll do. I'd like it to fit exactly the same as my TOJ 0 but on the shorter side, I'm just confused because the TOJ 0 46 is closer to the 44 MA1 than the 46 MA1.
While that was the original design element, I tend to disagree. Majority of us aren't riding bikes or flying a plane, so we really shouldn't be sizing our riders and A-2 bombers based on that . If we truly cared how rider jackets are meant to be, we wouldn't be ordering lamb rider jackets anyways. It wouldn't be functional if you really ride a motorcycle.
I sized my lamb rider to hit my coin pocket on my jeans since I have a small torso. Since these jackets are made to measure, that's the luxury of design that we have.
However, I'm really considering one last jacket with a medium whisky calf in the DR 2013 and for that style of jacket, I would go a bit more cropped.
There's no right or wrong answer. Some people like the cropped look, some don't. Some people have perfectly sized t-shirts, some have long slouchy ones that make the jackets appear more cropped.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Eidos Napoli 14 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › Ann Demeulemeester - Lux Curved Hem Tee - size 48/50 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 6 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 7 minutes ago
- › J. CREW ENGLISH WOOL LUDLOW SPORTCOAT SIZE 36R 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...