Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2379
Styleforum Top Picks
Not really. It's not like, elongated dramatically, but long enough to where a cropped jacket with proper length sleeves looks disproportionate to the hem.
It's the difference of the hem being right at the belt vs right at the coin pocket of your jeans.
Would Like some thoughts on sizing for an MA1. I have a TOJ 0 that fits me quite well, in 46.TOJ0 Fit (Click to show)
I'd like it to fit really well, slimmish, but be a tad bit shorter than my TOJ 0. Same fit though. But the 44 MA1 looks closer to the 46 TOJ 0 than the 46 MA 1 does. HMM. Thoughts?
uhhhh not really.
ordered my rider in 21.2 front length (vs. 20.5 on the denim jacket) and 25 inch sleeves (24 on the denim jacket.)
It's true..cropped stuff looks ridiculous on me -_-
On the bright side, longer lengths tops + 3/4 coats look awesome on me because of long legs
Yeah this is what I'll do. I'd like it to fit exactly the same as my TOJ 0 but on the shorter side, I'm just confused because the TOJ 0 46 is closer to the 44 MA1 than the 46 MA1.
While that was the original design element, I tend to disagree. Majority of us aren't riding bikes or flying a plane, so we really shouldn't be sizing our riders and A-2 bombers based on that . If we truly cared how rider jackets are meant to be, we wouldn't be ordering lamb rider jackets anyways. It wouldn't be functional if you really ride a motorcycle.
I sized my lamb rider to hit my coin pocket on my jeans since I have a small torso. Since these jackets are made to measure, that's the luxury of design that we have.
However, I'm really considering one last jacket with a medium whisky calf in the DR 2013 and for that style of jacket, I would go a bit more cropped.
There's no right or wrong answer. Some people like the cropped look, some don't. Some people have perfectly sized t-shirts, some have long slouchy ones that make the jackets appear more cropped.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › BNWT RLPL 36S Pure Linen Sportscoat 34 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 48 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 55 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › FW 2014 VITALE BARBERIS CANONICO WOOL FLANNEL TIES! LIMITED STOCKS 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin vs Vass 18 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)