or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2343

post #35131 of 39250
Each to his own and all that, but really it looks way better with zips than without
post #35132 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post



how do they fit you guys?

I would love to tell you but I ordered in mid august so it'll be a little whiles haha.
post #35133 of 39250
Got my MA-1 (black wool) last week. Charly really is the man: I told him I wanted my MA-1 to fit like my toj0, and it fits exactly the same. Great late fall/early spring jacket... Can't wait to wear it more. All sorts of great pockets on it too.
post #35134 of 39250

do jackets normally get shipped out once a week and if so what day of the week?  i think this is week 20 for me...the magical week per charly. 

 

edit: i can't count.  this is week 19....still curious about how shipping works tho.  once a week?  multiple times?  


Edited by jmaudi0 - 10/21/13 at 8:34am
post #35135 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 


I did, thanks. Charly said they won't do it unfortunately. I just don't want zips. Looks like I'm not going with TOJ :( :(

Super disappointed.


It's a MtM jacket, not a bespoke jacket.

post #35136 of 39250

Some thoughts after a few months in on the dark brown goat moto w/ silver zips.

+ don't sleep on goat.  the leather is really nice.  TOJ built themselves on the lamb, but I really think the goat is a solid alternative.

+ compared to the lamb, the jacket is lighter, it's more crisp.  it drapes differently than lamb.  I feel like instead of hugging or hanging on you, it sort of hangs with clean lines and at sharp angles.

+ it's soft.  yes, compared to the lamb, it's not as buttery soft, but by any other definition, the leather is soft.  

+ having handled and worn all three leather types, my best analogy is that the lamb is like a pair of denim with the perfect wash, the goat is like a pair of raw denim waiting to get broken in and fade, and the calf is like a pair of heavyweight 32oz raw denim.  

 

 

post #35137 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaudi0 View Post
 

do jackets normally get shipped out once a week and if so what day of the week?  i think this is week 20 for me...the magical week per charly. 

 

edit: i can't count.  this is week 19....still curious about how shipping works tho.  once a week?  multiple times?  

I have a feeling that they do a weekly consolidated shipment, because Charly told me my jacket will be out this week or next. It would also make a lot more sense to have a fixed shipping day, rather than piecemeal throughout the workweek.

post #35138 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Some thoughts after a few months in on the dark brown goat moto w/ silver zips.
+ don't sleep on goat.  the leather is really nice.  TOJ built themselves on the lamb, but I really think the goat is a solid alternative.
+ compared to the lamb, the jacket is lighter, it's more crisp.  it drapes differently than lamb.  I feel like instead of hugging or hanging on you, it sort of hangs with clean lines and at sharp angles.
+ it's soft.  yes, compared to the lamb, it's not as buttery soft, but by any other definition, the leather is soft.  
+ having handled and worn all three leather types, my best analogy is that the lamb is like a pair of denim with the perfect wash, the goat is like a pair of raw denim waiting to get broken in and fade, and the calf is like a pair of heavyweight 32oz raw denim.  

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Thanks for that. I just ordered the two zip moto in dark brown goat (partly after seeing your earlier pics) and this is good to hear!

How often do you wear it?
Edited by Gerry Nelson - 10/21/13 at 4:34pm
post #35139 of 39250

does anyone know the hue/tone of the olive calfskin that they're using right now?

post #35140 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candella View Post

does anyone know the hue/tone of the olive calfskin that they're using right now?

I find this to be very color accurate

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/729747/toj-olive-calf-dr-2010-46/
post #35141 of 39250
Anybody receiving early July orders yet? Or are they still finishing up June?
post #35142 of 39250

I haven't yet.  I ordered a TOJ0 on June 18th.  Think this is my... 19th week?

post #35143 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post


I find this to be very color accurate

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/729747/toj-olive-calf-dr-2010-46/

Thanks. But pictures I've seen shown some to be slightly 'waxy' with great undertones. Is this what people are receiving?

 

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/663653/

 

Or has the person applied wax or some leather cream to the jacket?


Edited by Candella - 10/21/13 at 4:17pm
post #35144 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candella View Post

Thanks. But pictures I've seen shown some to be slightly 'waxy' with great undertones. Is this what people are receiving?

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/663653/

Or has the person applied wax or some leather cream to the jacket?

I don't know, it could be treated by something like Obenaufs. All I can say is mine does not look like that.
post #35145 of 39250
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslikethese View Post

I haven't yet.  I ordered a TOJ0 on June 18th.  Think this is my... 19th week?
Tomorrow will be 18 weeks... I ordered a TOJ0 the same day

Yes, I've been counting the weeks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011