or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2335

post #35011 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

this is the worst advice ever

Coming from someone with questionable taste in style - crocodile skin on a leather jacket?- I couldn't disagree with you more.

My point is that it's a colour that is beyond flashy. If you plan on frequenting upper class nightclubs, you'll fit right in with all of the other dbags. Otherwise, get a leather in a more traditional colour. You won't regret it, and you'll turn heads for the right reasons.

That being said, I actually like electric blue as a stand alone colour. I just think it isn't suitable for a leather jacket ad attracts a very limited market of buyers.
post #35012 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart154 View Post

Get something that you'll be comfortable wearing when you're 40.

Join Date: 2013
post #35013 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES View Post

Join Date: 2013

So what's your argument? That means absolutely nothing.
post #35014 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart154 View Post

Coming from someone with questionable taste in style - crocodile skin on a leather jacket?- I couldn't disagree with you more.

Hard to trust a guy who can't tell the difference between crocodile and anaconda.

Your advice sucks because of the implication that a 40 year old couldn't be proud of owning an amazing, electric blue leather jacket. Why not? And do you really think that club bros are wearing bright blue leather jackets?

I wouldn't buy a blue jacket for myself, ever, and I'm not convinced that it's the best choice for anyone. That said, if you're going to advise against it, bring something more interesting than just being reactionary.
post #35015 of 42287
He is just saying to be more conservative because when you do get older you tend not to wear bright colors such as electric blue. Keep in mind not everyone on sf is in their 20s.
post #35016 of 42287
Some of the "loudest" dressers on the forum are 30+.
post #35017 of 42287
I see where you're coming from and I respect your point. As a law student, I should have chosen my words a little bit more carefully as the logic of that point is porous.

Anyway, to clarify, I simply mean that there are some people on this forum who make decisions on impulse. Unless you're settled on that colour, take the time to think about it as it's a sizeable investment and one that a lot of people want to make sure is the right one for years to come. The benefits of owning a more traditional colour may outweigh those for the electric blue in certain respects, that's all I mean.

Happy TOJ'ing to all and a happy thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians on the forum.
post #35018 of 42287
Double post.
post #35019 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart154 View Post

Get something that you'll be comfortable wearing when you're 40. 
... How do you expect to accurately predict your tastes or appearance more than a decade into the future?

Buy what you like now, &dress old when you feel old.
post #35020 of 42287

i hope i can still rock rick when im 40 guys

post #35021 of 42287
I hope so too, I'm over 40 and have several Ricks smile.gif
post #35022 of 42287

40s are a tough age. Too old for bright blue leathers, too young to dress like a rich zombie. 

post #35023 of 42287

what does that mean

post #35024 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccabe View Post

Unglazed dark grey goat 4-zip moto arrived today. The leather is absolutely amazing, feels really different to the lamb more abrasion resistant but quite a bit lighter.
The unglazed goat still has a little bit of sheen to it so it makes me wonder quite how shiny the goat is in person.
Shipping was insanely fast, arrived in 3 days to the UK.
Will try and get pics up later.

Looking forward to pics
post #35025 of 42287

Just wondering whether this sounded about right? First time buyer and really nervous

 

I'm 5'7, and my weight is currently 155lbs, but normally 145-150lbs

 
Shoulder to Shoulder - 16.5" 
Chest - 38.6"
Midsection 33.4"
Waist 34.4"
Biceps 12.4"

 

and I'm not sure how long to have the jacket (MDR), does 20" sound too cropped?

 

Thanks 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011