or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2332

post #34966 of 39356
I hesitate to offer this as real advice - as it seems pretty dubious to me - but a member on here once applied shoe polish to his MMM 5-zip. The thing was all splotchy and ugly at first, and he put black shoe cream on it and evened out the color. It's in the thread about "best leather jacket you've ever seen."

Personally, I think you should consult a leather expert first before doing anything, but maybe the above is helpful to you.
post #34967 of 39356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I hesitate to offer this as real advice - as it seems pretty dubious to me - but a member on here once applied shoe polish to his MMM 5-zip. The thing was all splotchy and ugly at first, and he put black shoe cream on it and evened out the color. It's in the thread about "best leather jacket you've ever seen."

Personally, I think you should consult a leather expert first before doing anything, but maybe the above is helpful to you.

The post you are referencing
post #34968 of 39356
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post


Is it weird that I don't think it looks that bad all splotchy like that?

I think it looks cool n the photos.

Great post great pictures thanks
post #34969 of 39356
Just put a ton of Lexol on it and even out the color. Put it in a warm area and the splotches of oil will even out. Time will solve the problem. Last thing you wanna do it experiment with dyes and other heavy conditioners.
post #34970 of 39356
So my MDR has been always maybe an inch short in the arms/body on me (which isn't too big a deal, I'm not one of those obsessive types), but I've recently noticed how much shorter the back rides than the front, like maybe 2" shorter...Is this normal with a ton (over a year) of hard wear?

Part of me wants to just buy a 2013 DR in calfskin 46 w/ 48 lengths w/ gunmetal zips but that's crazy talk
post #34971 of 39356
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

Just put a ton of Lexol on it and even out the color. Put it in a warm area and the splotches of oil will even out. Time will solve the problem. Last thing you wanna do it experiment with dyes and other heavy conditioners.

Just use leather oil and coat the whole thing evenly with a proper brush.  It will take a few hours, but you can get the entire jacket with a nice deep, even, color.  

 

As for washing leather - it's a pretty common way for people to break in their motorcycle jackets.  I actually did it with my FQHH TOJ, and it looks great.  

post #34972 of 39356
^Should I just use my Obenauf's? I just basically wiped it on using the attached applicator, need a proper brush. Is there a different oil you'd recommend Fok?
post #34973 of 39356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pun View Post

^Should I just use my Obenauf's? I just basically wiped it on using the attached applicator, need a proper brush. Is there a different oil you'd recommend Fok?

I just use Obenauf's leather oil.  You need to have an even amount all the time.  It looks like you started off strong, but then sorta ran dry - and then kept on repeating that for the entire jacket.  Make sure to really massage it in.  Use a cloth to work it into the the leather evenly as you apply it.  There is no short cut - you are going to have to schedule a couple of hours to do it, and then possibly do it again, making sure to keep the leather warm at all times so that it can absorb the oil, which should also be warm.

post #34974 of 39356
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

So my MDR has been always maybe an inch short in the arms/body on me (which isn't too big a deal, I'm not one of those obsessive types), but I've recently noticed how much shorter the back rides than the front, like maybe 2" shorter...Is this normal with a ton (over a year) of hard wear?

post #34975 of 39356
..I think it looks pretty good..
post #34976 of 39356

Do they still make the fishtail parka, anybody have one they want to sell? xs or s maybe m

post #34977 of 39356
Just put in an order for a black glazed goat A2. I wish fishtails were still being sold too frown.gif
post #34978 of 39356
I know I wasn't the only one waiting for Peacoat and fishtail 2.0.. musicboohoo[1].gif
post #34979 of 39356

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackmccabe View Post
 

Unglazed dark grey goat 4-zip moto arrived today. The leather is absolutely amazing, feels really different to the lamb more abrasion resistant but quite a bit lighter.

The unglazed goat still has a little bit of sheen to it so it makes me wonder quite how shiny the goat is in person.

Shipping was insanely fast, arrived in 3 days to the UK.

Will try and get pics up later.

 

Any pics yet? Seriously thinking about the dark grey unglazed goat for an order...

post #34980 of 39356
edit
Edited by sooch - 10/16/13 at 11:28am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011