Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2324
Styleforum Top Picks
search search search
Fake shearling, yes, I could make those all day and they'd not be expensive, they'd look alright from 10 foot away... but I shudder at the idea of putting polyester fake flocking inside such nice leather. That just doesn't do it for me, it'd be cheese, and incongruent with the way every TOJ previous has been made.
I explained in my last 10 or 15 posts that shearling is all different and has different prices based on the amount of processing in it and grade it is.
If I walked up to a sheep with a knife and took it's skin off, hung that up and washed the blood off it, and then did some basic bleaching or dying, trimming of the pile, then you end up with the kind of shearling that goes into Uggs, or the shearling part of the TOJ A2 collar
It's shorn-pile shearling. You do get it if you get the brown goat, though the color of the shearling will be lighter in comparison to the leather; it will be a good look though. Just not the same on same look as with the brown lamb.
After hearing about how TOJ was closing up shop, I decided to finally stop sleeping and get in an order. I put in an order for the TOJ0 2013 in black/sand. I'm kind of paranoid about sizes and am now debating whether I should change my order and go up a size. I went for a size 44 with 46 lengths; I'm 5'9, 130lbs-ish with 16" shoulders and 33" chest. I did a whole bunch of Googling and digging in this thread to see if I could find other fits and measurements similar to mine, and after spending the last couple days doing so, I figured I'd just ask your guys' opinion.
Thanks a million for the help!
He suggested a 46 stock as well, but after telling him I measured a bunch of jackets and the ones that fit better were closer to the 44, and that most off the rack smalls are too big for me, he said just go for 44 with 46 lengths. I'm just having that paranoia that first timers seem to have and kicking myself wondering if I should have listened to Charly, as is often repeated.
http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/availableproducts - What is available
http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/toj02013 - $380 Varsity
http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/suitingwoolma1 - $450 Suiting wool MA-1
All full leather jackets start at $780
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Management Consulting Discussion 3 seconds ago
- › Summer Tie Friday Challenge 7/25/2014 35 seconds ago
- › Chicago 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 7 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for Navy Blazer for hot weather 9 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)