Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2303
Styleforum Top Picks
Alright, the T1! (with a crappy camera)
Buttoned, collar popped
Unbuttoned, collar down
Attempt at different lighting
The Stable: Cracked Pepper Fishtail, Navy/sand tan TOJ0, Medium Grey T1, Black Lamb CWU
Simply put: the T1 is awesome. I won't bore you, as I think Synthese has already captured its essence in his excellent review. There isn't much more to add to it, other than I'm once again just floored by the material used. The T1 in that lamb suede ends up feeling like a really heavy shirt; but not a heavy jacket. Ultimately, I never know what to expect with a TOJ right out of the package (I even stopped and reminded myself, "you only once get to touch this material for the first time") , and every single time it has surprised me for the better. I mentioned it in passing before, but I ended up foregoing the BCDR for the T1, because for me, I thought it would be easier to wear. After wearing it, I think it was the best choice for me. It will be the jacket I wear as I become an old man.
I'm happy to have essentially been able to sample most of the TOJ materials (as a materials engineer, I feel like this is my duty, and how I justify that ~$2500 expenditure within a year) -- my only regret is that I didn't get anything in calf. Though, if I went with another leather, it would be extremely hard to pass up another of the black lamb.
I got to wear everything but the parka this week to work, and it is truly amazing, as Synthese mentioned, how you can simply wear a TOJ, a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, and feel absolutely amazing about an outfit. They fit me so well (thanks Charly -- you went 4-for-4 on me, I love you). It's not a sense of cockiness, so much as it is just absolute confidence in how much a TOJ piece will contribute to your outfit, and make you look entirely fly.
My friend cheezewiz put me onto TOJ about a year ago, and I feel like you guys have absolutely stepped my game up. I will miss you guys a lot (my wallet will be happy, though). I do hope you return, as I would like to get a calf jacket eventually.
Thanks TOJ Crew, and all the users here!
Edited by B0Bs4g3t - 9/22/13 at 6:18am
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 31 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 9 minutes ago
- › Museum Calf Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 19 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert needed 25 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 32 minutes ago
- › The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line 36 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 38 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)