Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2303
Styleforum Top Picks
Alright, the T1! (with a crappy camera)
Buttoned, collar popped
Unbuttoned, collar down
Attempt at different lighting
The Stable: Cracked Pepper Fishtail, Navy/sand tan TOJ0, Medium Grey T1, Black Lamb CWU
Simply put: the T1 is awesome. I won't bore you, as I think Synthese has already captured its essence in his excellent review. There isn't much more to add to it, other than I'm once again just floored by the material used. The T1 in that lamb suede ends up feeling like a really heavy shirt; but not a heavy jacket. Ultimately, I never know what to expect with a TOJ right out of the package (I even stopped and reminded myself, "you only once get to touch this material for the first time") , and every single time it has surprised me for the better. I mentioned it in passing before, but I ended up foregoing the BCDR for the T1, because for me, I thought it would be easier to wear. After wearing it, I think it was the best choice for me. It will be the jacket I wear as I become an old man.
I'm happy to have essentially been able to sample most of the TOJ materials (as a materials engineer, I feel like this is my duty, and how I justify that ~$2500 expenditure within a year) -- my only regret is that I didn't get anything in calf. Though, if I went with another leather, it would be extremely hard to pass up another of the black lamb.
I got to wear everything but the parka this week to work, and it is truly amazing, as Synthese mentioned, how you can simply wear a TOJ, a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, and feel absolutely amazing about an outfit. They fit me so well (thanks Charly -- you went 4-for-4 on me, I love you). It's not a sense of cockiness, so much as it is just absolute confidence in how much a TOJ piece will contribute to your outfit, and make you look entirely fly.
My friend cheezewiz put me onto TOJ about a year ago, and I feel like you guys have absolutely stepped my game up. I will miss you guys a lot (my wallet will be happy, though). I do hope you return, as I would like to get a calf jacket eventually.
Thanks TOJ Crew, and all the users here!
Edited by B0Bs4g3t - 9/22/13 at 6:18am
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Nick's Boots 25 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Arizona Coyotes vs Anaheim Ducks Live 100% FREE Online NHL on PC 6 minutes ago
- › Chicago Blackhawks vs Vancouver Canucks Live 100% FREE Online NHL... 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)