I'm about to order one as well and going with 4 zips.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2206
Styleforum Top Picks
Timeless? I don't know if the zippers will change how "timeless" it looks. Here on this forum, you're going to get people telling you nothing but specifically getting a motto in silver 4 zip in lamb. Look in the gallery, see what others have gotten and decide what you think will look best on you. If you want a reason for why 4 zip is recommended by Drew, it's because the chest zippers accentuate that part of the body, making it look broader.
Probably the last picture. It's somewhere between light and medium brown...kind of the color of peanut butter.
It's a nice looking shade of brown as is, but I think with some serious wear it will be off the charts.
I like the collared moto with gunmetal 2-zips the most.
I feel like the leather is already so nice and flashy by itself that anything extra reduces the versatility of the jacket.
Those of you with tight sleeves on your (calf) jackets - I have a question.
How much "give" did your jacket have in the sleeves after some wear?
I typically wear button up long sleeve shirts, with the sleeves rolled up on my forearm. Well, I ordered my jacket quite fitted, and when I put it on the jacket forces my shirt sleeves to hike up past my elbow... leaving most of the shirt on my bicep.
I can't bend my elbow much past 90 degrees which sounds typical for new calf, but the shirt thing I'm not sure will go away?
This size also doesn't leave much room for weight change, if my arms were to get bigger.
Other than the sleeves though, I pretty much nailed the sizing for my first TOJ. It's a lovely piece of work.
4 ZIP MOTO
4 ZIP MOTO
4 Z I P M O T O
black 4-zip 2011 Moto. Black 4-zip will be surprisingly satisfying for years to come. I offer the blue for people who get bored with their already existing black, brown, grey leathers, but no one has ordered a blue one yet, FWIW. It's nice but I can't get a decent photograph of the hue, and it doesn't bother me if I don't make any blue jackets anyway, I think everybody should start with black leather as step one, particularly the black lamb.
I'm thinking about making a TOJ for myself, since I am moving soon and I won't be back for a couple weeks. Would like one to take to Japan with me to wear. Haven't decided as of today, but it'll be one of these:
1. Whisky (any of the three, but probably the light or medium) calfskin 2011 Moto - 4 zip front
Seriously, 2 years of wear on a 4-zip Moto in one of these whisky shades = lifetime of success.
I really feel that a 4-zip Moto in the Medium whisky calf could reach that kind of level if somebody got one and broke it in properly, that's really not stretching it. It's just that it's a combo of the right jacket and the time and wear on the part of the right person.
The new tan would be good a 4-zip Moto, it has a slight pebble grain to it and reminds me a lot of an Hermes Birkin bag that Mrs TOJ has - same cold feel and pliability and softness. It's dyed through and not painted over, so it'd make a good jacket if you can wear lighter colors like that.
We delivered one of these in the same configuration to pinedust a few weeks ago, it's a really good combo. Been loving the way the silver zips finish off black and the rest of the colors as well. Somehow, as a piece, it's pretty far evolved from the very first original Moto sample (which aeglus eventually bought and wore) and yet at the same time, it's not - back to the black lamb 4-zip Moto with silver zippers formula.
I've gone to lengths on why I like the 4-zip Moto, and that is because it tends to accentuate the chest well, regardless of whether you're smaller or larger chested - the variegated nature of zippers breaks things up laterally and then the zippers being there, that in itself breaks up the distance vertically.
My own personal wishlist (which I might get around to getting eventually, since production is now opening up)
- black lamb 4-zip MDR with silver zips
- maybe a diesel blue or Sherwood heavy calf suede channel-quilted BCDR (like willy's)
- Sand lamb channel-quilt BCDR
- 2010 DR in black lamb with gold hardware and zips
- 4-zip moto in one of the horsehides
- Synthese's dark taupe lamb suede T-1
- another black lamb CWU-45, with collar
Edited by willy cheesesteak - 7/21/13 at 9:52am
If you must. Otherwise, let it get beat up like Charly and Drew have mentioned.
Please use the search function for questions, thanks your cooperation is appreciated.
Skipped the past few hundred posts as this thread is ridiculous but the Allen Edmonds stuff is pretty solid and a lot cheaper than saphir
Another spray that is newly stocked is nano protector which epaulet and leffot stock, leffot has a video with hot coffee poured on Alden's with no ill effect
Suede looks better a little beaten up IMO, I wouldn't spray and would just clean as necessary. Hanger project or skoaktiebolaget websites have good cleaning guides
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 57 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The 2013 Styleforvm Christmas Beer-it-Forward Thread of Epicly... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sweatshirt - The New Fashion Breed? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Upcoming NYC Visit 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Mastai Ferretti & Brooks Brothers shirts ***SZ 15 & 16*** 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw