Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2192
Styleforum Top Picks
The problem is these same people make zero attempt to find the actual answer. It wasn't like they searched, couldn't find an answer and decided to make a post.
So I'm not sure how replying with a serious answer would help future generations from acquiring the information they need. But I digress.
Had the answer to this question wasn't on the first fucking page of this thread, a snarky remark would not have been made.
He did make an attempt. He asked in this thread.
One post out of 32,867+ posts.
No need to whine and bitch every time someone asks a question or discusses something you specifically don't want to.
Anyways, after lounging around in this BCDR for the past few days, I have to say that I really get where Synthese comes from with his reviews. When he made that really long post about his T1 and whatnot, I appreciated it, but I definitely didn't fully understand it (though I may have thought that I did at the time.) There's something about the construction of a ToJ, combined with the high quality material that is a bit magical. It's not a logical 1+1=2 type deal. I get a similar feeling when I wear and handle Japanese Repro stuff. I have a Strike Gold hoodie, RMC crewneck, Samurai jeans. They're all ridiculously nice, but ToJ has this additional value that comes from the fact that this jacket is mine. It was not simply produced, it was made to order. It may not fit, in the objective sense, perfectly, but it's exactly what I asked for, exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I continue to want. I'm obviously not the most well-spoken person to own a few ToJs by now, but those are my thoughts. Really excited for my upcoming T1 order.
Which suede color did you go for? I've been on the fence about ordering a T1... it looks crazy nice and won't be found anywhere outside of Toj. A1 is my favorite suede jacket from gallery pictures, but T1 is my second suede choice and its available now :) (black cwu in closet, black moto ordered)
Tarrago Nano Protector is a good non-silicone spray that in my experience won't darken light coloured suede like a lot of other sprays can - demo here:
Obenaufs Watershield is also good, but its silicone based (which I understand can dry out leather?) and does darken the suede a bit.
Which suede color did you go for? I've been on the fence about ordering a T1... it looks crazy nice and won't be found anywhere outside of Toj. A1 is my favorite suede jacket from gallery pictures, but T1 is my second suede choice and its available now (black cwu in closet, black moto ordered)
Went with medium grey. I'm a simple man, I like a high quality basic. I admire those who can pull off some of the "cooler" colourways, but that ain't me.
Bet you lots of people do the same for that reason and that's why some of the same questions get repeated over and over again.
I want to make my first TOJ purchase and get a TOJ0 2013. Just wondering if anyone has put together a full gallery of all the different styles people have purchased and taken pictures ... so i can choose colors. Only link I can find is here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=16266
Any more sources for pics of TOJ0 2013 that is organised?
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Details about NEW JOHN VARVATOS WAX CANVAS LEATHER MOTO BIKER... 3 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 17 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 18 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...