or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2183

post #32731 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

What's up guys

Hey Drew and TOJ crew.

With TOJ winding down is there any particular leathers from the current selection that stands out as being particularly nice? I realize you've touched on this in the past but with the volatility of your supply chain with some of the leathers I figured it couldn't hurt to get a updated assessment. Also, is channel/diamond quilt available only for the bcdr?
post #32732 of 42788

Is there any good picture of what the grey goat would look like for the ToJ0? I ordered the black/grey colorway, and I haven't really seen a good example of how dark the grey is. As far as I can tell from this thread, I'm the only one who ordered black/grey and I wanna make sure it'll look cool.  

post #32733 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsnu View Post

Order placed on Olive Green Lamb BCDR with single needle diamond quilt.

It will be epic.

Spending 3 grand in a month is not easy, must refrain myself from buying 1 more.

Curious why you went with the Olive Green over the Toffee Tan/Bright Whiskey? I was thinking about the Olive Green vs Toffee Tan myself.
post #32734 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Hey Drew and TOJ crew.

With TOJ winding down is there any particular leathers from the current selection that stands out as being particularly nice? I realize you've touched on this in the past but with the volatility of your supply chain with some of the leathers I figured it couldn't hurt to get a updated assessment. Also, is channel/diamond quilt available only for the bcdr?
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

My own personal wishlist (which I might get around to getting eventually, since production is now opening up)

- black lamb 4-zip MDR with silver zips
- maybe a diesel blue or Sherwood heavy calf suede channel-quilted BCDR (like willy's)
- Sand lamb channel-quilt BCDR
- 2010 DR in black lamb with gold hardware and zips
- 4-zip moto in one of the horsehides
- Synthese's dark taupe lamb suede T-1
- another black lamb CWU-45, with collar
post #32735 of 42788

ToJ0's a little small, will be putting it up in the market place in a day or two. Stock 44 black/black colourway.

 

Shame, 'cause it's beautiful.

post #32736 of 42788
Wow you ordered a 44? You look like a bigger type of guy.

Anyways, time to order another eh?
post #32737 of 42788
Thanks to all of you that posted pics, I can sleep easy tonight. Looks like black/black is rad
post #32738 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5354 View Post

Wow you ordered a 44? You look like a bigger type of guy.

Anyways, time to order another eh?


I'm 5'5!

 

Way ahead of you on that one...

post #32739 of 42788
TOJ is swaggin me out hard. Got my Burgundy 2013 DR in transit, which will arrive tomorrow. Cannot wait. In the meantime, I've gotten so many women compliment my navy jacket...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post




(oh yeah so i asked if i should keep both the navy MDR and also buy a Burgundy 2013DR... i think i'm going to keep both! Except is it redundant to have 2 double riders?!?!
post #32740 of 42788

silver zips look great there, keep both for sure.

post #32741 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyWolfBoy View Post

Is there any good picture of what the grey goat would look like for the ToJ0? I ordered the black/grey colorway, and I haven't really seen a good example of how dark the grey is. As far as I can tell from this thread, I'm the only one who ordered black/grey and I wanna make sure it'll look cool.  

I got Navy/Grey, I expect 1-2 weeks before I get mine. So I'll post pictures when I get it.

I hate to burst your bubble but I think Navy/Grey is more cool than Black/Grey icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #32742 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Curious why you went with the Olive Green over the Toffee Tan/Bright Whiskey? I was thinking about the Olive Green vs Toffee Tan myself.

I was actually debating Toffee Tan/Bright Whiskey 2010 DR vs Olive Green BCDR.

Visually, I was able to picture in my head how the Olive Green BCDR with Diamond Quilt will look like in my head and I think it adds a bit of differentation from everyone else getting Black in this combination.

I also felt that the Toffee Tan/Bright Whiskey would look better on a MDR or 2010 DR styling more so than the BCDR. That's just my opinion.

I may get a Toffee Tan/Bright Whiskey as my final final jacket, but I have not decided on styling.

Also there are no photos of the Toffee Tan/Bright Whiskey as far as I know and there are pictures of the Olive Green. So that made things a bit easier. I think with how aggressive and "in your face" a diamond quilting pattern has on a jacket, it would be a bit more subdued under a darker colour such as Olive Green versus the Toffee/Whiskey.

Hope that helps.
post #32743 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

TOJ is swaggin me out hard. Got my Burgundy 2013 DR in transit, which will arrive tomorrow. Cannot wait. In the meantime, I've gotten so many women compliment my navy jacket...
(oh yeah so i asked if i should keep both the navy MDR and also buy a Burgundy 2013DR... i think i'm going to keep both! Except is it redundant to have 2 double riders?!?!

Please do post pics of the Burgundy jacket when you get it. Also, I thought that colour was no longer available? Does it go by a different name on JC?

post #32744 of 42788
I think he's referring to oxblood, though I may be incorrect.
post #32745 of 42788
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5354 View Post

I think he's referring to oxblood, though I may be incorrect.

I think you're right - I took it to mean that as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011