Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2178
Styleforum Top Picks
We are making a second sample tomorrow - we wanted to make sure the workflow and order is good before running up multiples, so as usual we'll make one more prototype just the same to make sure we're on the same page and the production will come out as expected. I have decided to make the bottom portion in TOJ calfskin, rather than our goat. Wanted to add a bit more thickness and durability, and the calf won out. In terms of how it will look - it'll look just the same. It's black leather, and so the differences will be inconsequential to the eye.
Because we showed the first sample with a goat trimmed bottom, and the next one will be calf - just wanted people who've ordered a backpack to let us know that going to calfskin will be ok. We can only do it with one type of leather and so there is no 'choice' per se, but if there's a backlash we can stay with the goat. I'd prefer to evolve to calfskin for the thickness, though. Let us know, people.
Is it still available?
Wait...what? There's a current medium whiskey calf? Why isn't it listed in the leather options on the John Coppidge site?! This throws another spanner in the works... I just ordered a 4-zip moto and 4-zip MDR, both black lamb... I would consider medium whiskey for the moto if its still available.
Is it still available?
Why aren't you people emailing Charly when it comes to material availability questions? You'll get your answers much quicker and have a better chance at snagging a certain material for your order should they have that material (or if they're running low), rather than letting the hundreds-thousands of people who lurk this thread get a chance at the material you want. Seriously, everytime I read this thread I think y'all have more money than common sense, and would rather post first and think last.
Don't worry. Recently, this thread has been a magnet on people who needs SF as a venue for asserting their social status through excessively aggressive and negative behaviour. Unfortunately, this climate seemsto be self-enhancing.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 6 minutes ago
- › Best place to buy a suit? 6 minutes ago
- › Casual Stylish Comfortable Shoes For Standing and Walking 7 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...