Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2141
Styleforum Top Picks
The colours look really off from that picture, must be the flash.
The navy body should be the same as the sample, as that was navy/black.
And the grey should be the last grey in this photo, but Charly did mention it was expected to be a bit darker in person. But that photo makes it seem really dark.
There must be a ton of flash in that photo. The navy and the ribbing are both very dark. Here's natural light with a touch of shade (iphone 5 camera)
I think I mentioned this before but no one took me seriously - wet (if lamb) and condition if calf, saturate it til it's floppy, then use a large rubber band like that which you get on a bunch of broccoli from the supermarket, or a hipster girls headband. Hang it zipped up, collar closed that way overnight or for a couple nights, refresh as necessary -It will keep the collar held in the middle with that reverse roll.
Throwing this out there as a reminder, since I'm expecting a CWU soon too
I thought the same thing, but either Willy or Charly cleared that up a long time ago.
It did however convince me to get Navy/Grey since I was better able to visualize how it would turn out lol
I'm still contemplating a Black/Yellow but I have way too many varsities as it is.
go black and yellow
Got my first toj today, oxblood calf MDR. Took a few pics and I think the fit is pretty spot on. I haven't seen it in natural light yet, but the colour is really hard to judge. It tends to looks brown or burgundy-ish depending on light and angle.
I know everyone says it, but the calf is so much more heavier and thicker and stiffer than I expected. Gotta see how it breaks in, but I think I would've been better off with a lamb for my first jacket. But then I haven't experienced a lamb toj in real life so maybe I just think the grass is greener. I've got a Sherwood calf BCDR in the queue and I'm strongly reconsidering a lighter lamb suede instead. But again, gonna see how this jacket breaks in before bothering Charly with order changes.
Only an iPhone pic, sorry :( (Click to show)
With Flash (Click to show)
I feel like ordering the Black/Yellow for everyone here, there can't be that many that are ordered that end up on the forum.
Currently in my line up:
-Black/Purple Winter Varsity
-Brown Lamb A-2 Bomber
-Black/Black/Digi Camo TOJ 2011
-Navy/Grey Goat TOJ0 2013 (still a few weeks out)
-Steel Grey Channel Quilt BCDR (ordered 2 weeks ago)
-Black Lamb 3 Silver Zip MDR (ordered last week)
-Black/Yellow TOJ0 2013
-Olive Calf 4 Zip MDR or Electric Blue Goat 3 Zip MDR
-Navy/Black or Grey/Black TOJ0 2013 (huge maybe, varsity overdose at that point)
Like I said, if I get the Black/Yellow that will put me into Tier 1 of the loyalty program and I might as well get another jacket at that point lol..
Great fit. Thanks for the pictures.
Hoping I get tracking soon for mycharly ma-1. I ordered first week of April.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a pair of Alden 403/405 in a size 7-1/2 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 3 minutes ago
- › 2 SWU on American Airlines not able to use this year - free 3 minutes ago
- › The Turntable Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw