Did you read the measurements? Looks too short, should be a bit longer than your MDR. I'd also increase chest and waist a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2134
Styleforum Top Picks
How do you think an A2 with the following measurements will fit on a 6'1 guy with a 40" chest
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.6"
body length, front 22.5"
body length, back 24.7"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.4"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.5"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.7"
Is this too short? Does the cropped look work for the A2? I have an MDR and TOJ0 that have ~23 front length and 25.5 back length
I'm pretty similar in size to you (6'1" 41" chest) and I did:
body length, front 24.3
body length, back 26.7
sleeve length, from shoulder 27.2
for the lengths.
If it helps here are a couple pics of me wearing it:
Oh that drapes perfectly, I think I will go with the longer lengths. I appreciate the help.
Height/weight is usually good enough to gauge shoulder width.
You guys should really be comparing the shoulder measurement given to shoulder measurements on garments you own to come up with what works best for you.
In the end.. anything <0.5" on the shoulder is pretty insignificant if you sized the rest of the jacket correctly.
Don't believe me? Measure out 0.2" and then put it on either side of your shoulders..
Reminds me of how my girlfriend says that any check pattern reminds her of lumberjacks. These ridiculous connotations only exist in your head (and the heads of a few unfortunate others).
I prefer the 2zip myself. Just looks a lot cleaner in my opinion. I feel like people just take Drew's word and convince themselves to like it, but I only like the 2zip more because I had been eying a moto from Schott for about a year before I saw the TOJ moto.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 seconds ago
- › Horoween Shell Cordovan Navy One-Piece Belt, Size 36 New and Unworn 24 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 28 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 47 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 1 minute ago
- › San Francisco SF Meetup - Thursday Dec 5th, Hosted by John Allan's... 3 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football League - Stylish Gentlemen is reborn - English... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw