Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2114
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah looking at old emails with Charly suggested a 17.5". But it looks like I sent some measurements of another jacket and we agreed to make it 18".
I assumed the best things to compare are my moto sizes;
body length, front
body length, back
sleeve length, from shoulder
sleeve width @ pit
sleeve width @ elbow
sleeve width @ cuff
and the A2 that I'm looking to get;
Pit to Pit: 22"
Front Length: 23"
Back Length: 25"
Width @pit: 7.25"
Width @elbow: 6.25"
Width @cuff: 5.25"
Is there anything that's clearly off that should stop me from buying it?
Whether it be a CWU or something else, you need a full TOJ leather.
Yes, it is OK.
Either choice would be awesome for the MDR really, I think the pebbled texture contrasts beautifully with the DR styles in particular. Like I said, both would look great, but the dark brown goat is a favorite.
or if you don't believe me...
I just like the idea of the 4 zip MDR in brown or black goat, it will be excellent. Trust me on this one. There are certain 'specials' now and then that come along as a result of the right meeting of design and material, and a 4-zip MDR in the super dark brown goat with brown-taped YKK's in silver is another one of them. We make a lot of nice stuff, but there's the few things that are just exceedingly NICE, like that whiskey 2010 DR we made for aeglus. I got to see that thing in person and it was pretty amazing. Blows up my ego to see stuff like that.
What I want to see is that dark brown goatskin 4-zip MDR with some age, maybe 3 months or more on it. It will look godly. Anybody who has to go back to college this coming fall should get one now so that it's perfectly worn-in by the time school starts, so you can style on campus plebes. Fuck, I wish I could be in college again... I'd leave a trail of styleless victims...
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.
They're not for everyone, but if you can make them work, they look fucking amazing.
Edited by omgcookielol - 6/18/13 at 10:13pm
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 second ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › + + + DRIES VAN NOTEN + + + 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)