or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2110

post #31636 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirwest View Post

Someone with tons of swag needs to order a 2013 double rider in oxblood calf.  It'll be similar to this Balmain except a hell of a lot better and like a quarter of the price. http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/4655581/width/900/height/900/flags/LL

 

can you share the link again. it doesn't work

post #31637 of 40729
Probably pretty easy to extrapolate what it will look like based off:



I am heavily considering a BCDR in oxblood, it grows on me the more I look at it.
post #31638 of 40729

I've been eyeballing that one ^  but it's about 2" too long for me. someone should nab it.

post #31639 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR JEW View Post

Oh you guarantee? Well now, guys, I think we should all stop having common sense and actual opinions because grizzlybear GUARANTEES that is is right even though...
It's clearly shown here that Vaio is in fact bending his elbows and the sleeves look fine?

I guarantee you that grizzlybear is the dumbest poster in this thread and I guarantee that his dumb posts don't just exist in this thread but extends to all the other threads he posts in.

yeah I was basing my opinion on the first picture he posted, I didnt get to see the ones you quoted. happy.gif
post #31640 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

I think your one is similar in length in the body, but possibly this dude COULD do with like an additional 1/2" in the sleeves, but not as bad as you make it out to be.. plus krop top is in fashun now. just ask hedi slimane foo.gif

that brought the slight lol's laugh.gif
post #31641 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by schultjr View Post

Does anyone have a suggestion for a lighter shade jacket? Preferably a rather conservative one that could be paired with raw denim, brown boots, and OCBDs? Also, if a lighter jacket should not be paired with that stuff at all, that is good feedback too.

I was thinking maybe a portobello horsehide moto or a toffee tan BCDR. Any other suggestions? Dark whiskey would have been my first choice, but that is not an option any longer.


Latest post on the tumblr page claims that toffee tan is a calf colour, despite the fact that it is listed as a lamb colour on all the other pages I could find.

Does anyone know what is the truth? Presuming nobody has any pics of it...
post #31642 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobehknese View Post

can you share the link again. it doesn't work
http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c3/c3c04c5c_7_T24520C301118.jpeg
post #31643 of 40729
everything was going great, then i couldn't decide between calf and lamb suede for a qbcdr baldy[1].gif
post #31644 of 40729
Lamb suede is light and Drew may only allow it for the truckers. Not sure on the latter.

Either way, calf suede.
post #31645 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirwest View Post

Someone with tons of swag needs to order a 2013 double rider in oxblood calf.  It'll be similar to this Balmain except a hell of a lot better and like a quarter of the price. http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/4655581/width/900/height/900/flags/LL

That's me. Hoping it will come soon.

Krop Topz for all.
post #31646 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5354 View Post

Lamb suede is light and Drew may only allow it for the truckers. Not sure on the latter.

Either way, calf suede.

I so want a black calf suede MDR with gold zips. drool.gif
post #31647 of 40729
I've been pushing black suede with silver zips and black lamb with gold zips on the BCDR. A thing of beauty
post #31648 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

The sleeves are just fine. Fools here like to cover half their hand with their sleeve for god knows why.

The out-of-box fit isn't permanent. Multiple creases eventually develop at the forearm, and that can "shorten" the length of the sleeves. Elbow bagging might also have a role.

imo, the best way to size is to go a bit longer with sleeves, but have the wrist opening sized tight. The sleeve will end at your wrist, and the excess leather gets a mini stacking effect... it probably allows a little extra room for growth if you're worried about eventually getting bigger, or if you just want to keep your cuff from riding too far up your arm when you reach for stuff.

Vaio's fit looks great btw.
Edited by omgcookielol - 6/18/13 at 12:42am
post #31649 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post

The out-of-box fit isn't permanent. Multiple creases eventually develop at the forearm, and that can "shorten" the length of the sleeves. Elbow bagging might also have a role.

imo, the best way to size is to go a bit longer with sleeves, but have the wrist opening sized tight. The sleeve will end at your wrist, and the excess leather gets a mini stacking effect... possibly also leaves room for growth if you're worried about filling out your sleeves eventually, and might also keep your cuff from riding too far up your arm when you reach for stuff.

Vaio's fit looks great btw.

The fear of elbow creases bringing the sleeves up is really overstated and almost unfounded. I've heard the same rationale for MTM shirts and suits as well but have never experienced it myself. The amount of uptake is almost negligible, especially for drapey materials like lambskin and wool, as gravity will most certainly take care of those creases overnight. For crisp broadcloth, there is barely any shrinkage eventhough the elbow creases like hell. All my shirt cuffs peak out a 1/4" from my suit sleeves exactly and even after a full days wear, they still sit a quarter inch out.

For stiffer materials like calf leather, the shrinkage is still pretty minimal. Certainly doesn't require people to stress out about drastic changes after wear and certainly don't require people to drop it down to mid-hand. If you prefer the look of your hands covered then that's purely a stylistic choice, which is fine by me.
Edited by benjamin831 - 6/18/13 at 12:59am
post #31650 of 40729
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

The fear of elbow creases bringing the sleeves up is really overstated and almost unfounded. I've heard the same rationale for MTM shirts and suits as well but have never experienced it myself. The amount of uptake is almost negligible, especially for drapey materials like lambskin and wool, as gravity will most certainly take care of those creases overnight. For crisp broadcloth, there is barely any shrinkage eventhough the elbow creases like hell. All my shirt cuffs peak out a 1/4" from my suit sleeves exactly and even after a full days wear, they still sit a quarter inch out.

For stiffer materials like calf leather, the shrinkage is still pretty minimal. Certainly doesn't require people to stress out about drastic changes after wear and certainly don't require people to drop it down to mid-hand. If you prefer the look of your hands covered then that's purely a stylistic choice, which is fine by me.
So have you actually owned a box-fresh leather and worn it to the point where creases develop on the sleeves, or is your opinion based on your experience with cotton and wool? I'm not familiar with your closet, but the sleeves on my lamb jackets have eventually settled a bit higher than they did out of the box. My CWU-45, despite arriving with the same measurements as my A2, now has sleeves that are noticeably shorter when they're hung together. I wear my CWU-45 the most, and my A2 the least.

I'm not saying that it'll bring this stuff to wrist level or anything, but I don't think that should be the ideal anyways.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011