Size 50 stock suiting wool MA-1 in black.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2070
Styleforum Top Picks
Side Pic (Click to show)
Got my MA-1 yesterday. I'm not sure how emphasized this has been, but the padding on this jacket is heavy duty. It's kinda like wearing a padded down jacket. The cell pocket is a little shallow for Nexus/Galaxy sized phones, so the corner of the phone is barely in the pocket. ToJ tag is in the left pocket vs the usual spot.
Side Pic (Click to show)
How long did your order take?
and just a general newb question but when will this seasons models be discontinued? trying to gauge how much time I have left to get the ma1 before it goes away ...
No one really knows. Drew tends to announce when models are discontinued in advance, I don't believe he discontinues models out of the blue.
i think people should really get into the habit of pausing and taking a minute before going on and actually asking a question here.
do you really want a jacket that you can only wear if you're within 5lbs of where you are now?
if the jacket is too slim, you'd be concerned about it's longevity and layering applications
if the jacket is too roomy, you'd be concerned about it looking too wide (which would be incredibly difficult given the toj cut) and dated
material of any sort doesn't stretch without a reason, if the jacket fits you fine it won't just magically stretch to where it doesn't.
it's pretty safe to say a lot of people here try to emulate drew and synth's fits but both of them typically err on the side of flowing vs constricting when it comes to these kind of garments. i believe drew has mentioned that he purposely sized up two i think on his 5 zip so it'd balance the size of his head or something along those lines. think about that.
When I inquired, I was told the wool MA-1 would likely be done around summer time. I probably should cut down on drinking or some other expenses and order one... or a black suede 2010DR.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Where can I find small-sized dress socks? 21 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Does dressing well really make a difference? 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Summer Tie Friday Challenge 7/25/2014 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)