or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2058

post #30856 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newo View Post

Actually it's very high. Since all jackets are made-to-order there is a lead time (of course you know this), and therefore there is value in the immediacy of a sale on B&S. That being said, luh dat charly fit
I disagree. Wait times are an issue for the minority, but fit, qc, and experience are bigger issues for most people. I think that these jackets can sit so long because people realize that paying a little more and waiting a bit yields better results... The prices most people ask for their "almost new" custom jackets are hilarious most of the time, and I assume people usually settle for lowballs a month or two later. It's just a big gamble and you're usually giving these guys money to reorder anyways - imo not worth saving an extra $50 or whatever people think they can get away with nowadays.
post #30857 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post

I disagree. Wait times are an issue for the minority, but fit, qc, and experience are bigger issues for most people. I think that these jackets can sit so long because people realize that paying a little more and waiting a bit yields better results... The prices most people ask for their "almost new" custom jackets are hilarious most of the time, and I assume people usually settle for lowballs a month or two later. It's just a big gamble and you're usually giving these guys money to reorder anyways - imo not worth saving an extra $50 or whatever people think they can get away with nowadays.

I'm not saying B&S is the way to go, I'm just saying I can understand why TOJs hold such a high resale value.
post #30858 of 42287
Ehh, depends. Often times you can sell the jackets for about 100 less than you paid...
post #30859 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

So...daypacks? Looks like they won't be reaching us til at least the beginning of next month
should be going into production this week, 2 week production ish
post #30860 of 42287
There is always going to be another A2, Hopefully Drew is discounting it to make some space for new spring jackets?
post #30861 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by peternorth View Post

There is always going to be another A2, Hopefully Drew is discounting it to make some space for new spring jackets?

Jackets are made to order. It's not like they have a warehouse full of them they need to get rid of.
post #30862 of 42287
What colors are available for the suiting wool MA-1? I know about black, navy and charcoal, but any others?
post #30863 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Nights View Post

Jackets are made to order. It's not like they have a warehouse full of them they need to get rid of.

It was stated earlier that they needed the production space, for new designs.
post #30864 of 42287
Thread Starter 
You guys would get better resale for your TOJ stuff across the board if you took the time to photo and measure them well for your listings, and took away some of the risk for the buyers. We get random people asking for discontinued stuff all the time, and there aren't that many of each example floating around out there, we make them very limited on purpose. Even what is considered 'standard' like a black lamb MDR or Moto with silver zips or something would be pretty unique in whatever size you get, even if you're a common size there's less than a handful out there in even a similar size - so essentially it's like we've made a bunch of stuff total over the past 4 years, but per model/color/combo there'd be like 1-5 per size range, extant.
post #30865 of 42287
I want more info on next winter's secret prototype parka so that I can be first in line. And on the rest of your secrets, duh.
post #30866 of 42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0Bs4g3t View Post

 

Yeah, I meant MDR. But a straight trade for varsity? I feel like that's insane. You should be selling for higher...IMO

 

No one is willing to buy it... desperate times call for desperate measures. Really itching for that varsity. I'm sure what'll end up happening is, I'll just order the TOJ0 and keep the MDR too. Having four black lamb TOJ isn't too much right? satisfied.gif

post #30867 of 42287

New stuff must be good if the A-2 and CWU are getting left out in the cold.  

 

Anyways, it seems like everyone thinks that (1) black zips are weak, silvers are superior (2) 4 zips > 2 zips and (3) 2-way zippers look bad/affected if you pull up the bottom zip.  


So, that sort of means that my jacket is pretty much a tri-fecta of fail, but w/e, I like it anyways.  thumbs-up.gif

 

Fit from the weekend--same stuff basically--unzipped.

 

 

 

Zipped (Click to show)

 

Black zips...on zips on zips


Edited by Dbear - 5/28/13 at 9:41am
post #30868 of 42287

GREAT detailed shot of the hardware. I personally LOVE my all-black 2-zip quilted moto and can't wait for the zippers to show some wear and tear.

post #30869 of 42287

 

Quick shot of my 6 month old black lamb MDR with gunmetal hardware before heading out last night for some memorial day celebrations. It's a great feeling telling people it's "made to measure" when they ask me what size it is, and if they can try it on. cool.gif

post #30870 of 42287
I've never had anybody ask me what size my jacket is. not that "about a 46" would mean anything to most people around here anyway.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011