Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2058
Styleforum Top Picks
I disagree. Wait times are an issue for the minority, but fit, qc, and experience are bigger issues for most people. I think that these jackets can sit so long because people realize that paying a little more and waiting a bit yields better results... The prices most people ask for their "almost new" custom jackets are hilarious most of the time, and I assume people usually settle for lowballs a month or two later. It's just a big gamble and you're usually giving these guys money to reorder anyways - imo not worth saving an extra $50 or whatever people think they can get away with nowadays.
I'm not saying B&S is the way to go, I'm just saying I can understand why TOJs hold such a high resale value.
No one is willing to buy it... desperate times call for desperate measures. Really itching for that varsity. I'm sure what'll end up happening is, I'll just order the TOJ0 and keep the MDR too. Having four black lamb TOJ isn't too much right?
New stuff must be good if the A-2 and CWU are getting left out in the cold.
Anyways, it seems like everyone thinks that (1) black zips are weak, silvers are superior (2) 4 zips > 2 zips and (3) 2-way zippers look bad/affected if you pull up the bottom zip.
So, that sort of means that my jacket is pretty much a tri-fecta of fail, but w/e, I like it anyways.
Fit from the weekend--same stuff basically--unzipped.
Zipped (Click to show)
Black zips...on zips on zips
Edited by Dbear - 5/28/13 at 9:41am
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 21 seconds ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 39 seconds ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)