or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1955

post #29311 of 44930
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post

looks awesome, any zipped fit pics?

looking at those measurements makes me more of a happy camper about what I ordered.

Do you have any layering room under it? like could you fit a hoodie or sweater under it?

 

My wife fell asleep on the couch. Probably got too bored of me fondling the jacket while uploading pictures. I'll try and take some a bit later.

 

I think I have a decent amount of room to layer. I wanted to go tighter honestly but Charly advised against it. Glad I listened. Broken record right? The limiting factor would probably be the high arm holes, but with an undershirt and button up so far nothing feels tight or restricting at all.

post #29312 of 44930

Interesting.. the only thing I'm a bit worried about is the measurements I gave for the sleeve width @ cuff (5.3").

 

My MDR was a 5.5" for the sleeve width @ cuff and it came out like this;

 


 

A little too large in my opinion. But yours seems to be at 6" and looks fine. I guess it's because the sleeves on the bomber are different?

 

I ordered my Quilted Moto witha  5.3" opening at the cuff so hopefully that will help minimize the "boot cut" look of the sleeve
 

post #29313 of 44930
Not sure why everyone is suddenly obsessed with sleeve width measurements, but I would imagine that the measurements for the width of a bomber sleeve would matter much less than it would for a MDR sleeve (you know, with the ribbing and all)
post #29314 of 44930
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

Not sure why everyone is suddenly obsessed with sleeve width measurements, but I would imagine that the measurements for the width of a bomber sleeve would matter much less than it would for a MDR sleeve (you know, with the ribbing and all)

 

i only ask because once i get my moto in, i will be placing an order for an ma-1 and since that has the ribbed sleeves, im wondering how i should size it =\

post #29315 of 44930
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKang View Post

Interesting.. the only thing I'm a bit worried about is the measurements I gave for the sleeve width @ cuff (5.3").

 

My MDR was a 5.5" for the sleeve width @ cuff and it came out like this;

 


 

A little too large in my opinion. But yours seems to be at 6" and looks fine. I guess it's because the sleeves on the bomber are different?

 

I ordered my Quilted Moto witha  5.3" opening at the cuff so hopefully that will help minimize the "boot cut" look of the sleeve
 

 

That's not zipped up... right? 

post #29316 of 44930

Some obligatory dirty mirror pics:

 

Zipped

 

 

With the first hoodie I could find, pretty thin but still not too tight. 

 

 

 

And yeah, I don't think the bomber cuff measurement matters at all due to the ribbing. If you took where the leather ends straight down to my wrist though it does look like it would be too big. 

post #29317 of 44930

 

 

 

took some quick (crappy) shots of the sleeve. if it's zipped it looks okay, but i noticed that the zipper just naturally unzips about an inch or 1.5inches after a few hours. maybe i talk with my hands too much?

post #29318 of 44930
Good proportions on the outfit Vickt. And I doubt your waist is 37.5" lol. That's probably your hips. What size is the leg opening on the pants? 7.5"?

AKang, the bomber has ribbed cuffs so you can't compare the measurements to the moto or dr.


Also I have a picture taking/proportion question. It's weird when I look at what I'm wearing in different mirrors the fit looks different. Like in my work bathroom and a mirror in my house, it makes my thighs look kind of pudgy, but in another mirror in my house everything looks slim. I think my look should look more like the last mirror as I'm not pudgy at 6'1" 170 lbs. These are all large mirrors and I guess some have distortion maybe? When taking pictures, will different lenses distort proportions too? Or should it be accurate.
post #29319 of 44930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

 

That's not zipped up... right? 

 

in that photo the zippers are open about 2inches

post #29320 of 44930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Good proportions on the outfit Vickt. And I doubt your waist is 37.5" lol. That's probably your hips. What size is the leg opening on the pants? 7.5"?

AKang, the bomber has ribbed cuffs so you can't compare the measurements to the moto or dr.


Also I have a picture taking/proportion question. It's weird when I look at what I'm wearing in different mirrors the fit looks different. Like in my work bathroom and a mirror in my house, it makes my thighs look kind of pudgy, but in another mirror in my house everything looks slim. I think my look should look more like the last mirror as I'm not pudgy at 6'1" 170 lbs. These are all large mirrors and I guess some have distortion maybe? When taking pictures, will different lenses distort proportions too? Or should it be accurate.

Do you live in a funhouse?
post #29321 of 44930
Cuff measurements are the new collar shape/zippers.
post #29322 of 44930
Nope but I guess I'm kind of OCD. Like for example in this pic my legs look tiny, it is the camera and maybe the angle the pic was taken at




This is on the mirror in the house that my legs still look slim on:

2012_0104toj0009.JPG


What height should pictures be taken at to give a good representation of fit?
post #29323 of 44930
posted this the other day over at sufu and figured i'd throw it here too

post #29324 of 44930
Just messing around ...

post #29325 of 44930

What model/material is that jacket chapuchi? looks great.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011