Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1954
Styleforum Top Picks
My understanding is that, while YKK have lately made models that are just as nice if not nicer, RIRI ones have always been nice (and much less common)
Edited by kindofyoung - 3/30/13 at 8:34am
Because novelty, mostly. YKK are like 95% of the global zipper market. I've never heard a really compelling reason for wanting riris.
So after 3.5 months I was afraid of things not living up to expectations, but holy crap, it's perfect. Even my wife approves. The first thing she asked was "So, do they make other types of jackets too?" I'll take that as a green light to order more...
Pictures... It's brown, color might not show right. Yes, I'm wearing black pants and shoes. I'm a rebel.
I did modify the fur collar a bit...
Here are my specs / measurements / sizing / throwing in keywords to help searchers if anyone is interested, since this is the stuff I was searching for like crazy before ordering:
Measurements: (Click to show)
|body length, front||23.0"|
|body length, back||25.3"|
|sleeve length, from shoulder||27.0"|
|sleeve width @ pit||7.5"|
|sleeve width @ elbow||6.6"|
|sleeve width @ cuff 6.0"
Shoulders - 18"
Chest - 40.75"
Midsection - 32"
Waist - 37.5"
Front - 22.5"
Sleeve - 24"
Bicep - 14"Height - 5'11
Waist was probably wrong.
Edit: Just want to say I provided measurements for peace of mind on Charly's suggestions, not to bug him for alterations (unless you think my fit is off and want it to be radically different). I went with what he provided and couldn't be happier.
Edited by Vickt - 3/30/13 at 11:57am
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 27 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 27 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 33 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 36 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays