Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1954
Styleforum Top Picks
My understanding is that, while YKK have lately made models that are just as nice if not nicer, RIRI ones have always been nice (and much less common)
Edited by kindofyoung - 3/30/13 at 8:34am
Because novelty, mostly. YKK are like 95% of the global zipper market. I've never heard a really compelling reason for wanting riris.
So after 3.5 months I was afraid of things not living up to expectations, but holy crap, it's perfect. Even my wife approves. The first thing she asked was "So, do they make other types of jackets too?" I'll take that as a green light to order more...
Pictures... It's brown, color might not show right. Yes, I'm wearing black pants and shoes. I'm a rebel.
I did modify the fur collar a bit...
Here are my specs / measurements / sizing / throwing in keywords to help searchers if anyone is interested, since this is the stuff I was searching for like crazy before ordering:
Measurements: (Click to show)
|body length, front||23.0"|
|body length, back||25.3"|
|sleeve length, from shoulder||27.0"|
|sleeve width @ pit||7.5"|
|sleeve width @ elbow||6.6"|
|sleeve width @ cuff 6.0"
Shoulders - 18"
Chest - 40.75"
Midsection - 32"
Waist - 37.5"
Front - 22.5"
Sleeve - 24"
Bicep - 14"Height - 5'11
Waist was probably wrong.
Edit: Just want to say I provided measurements for peace of mind on Charly's suggestions, not to bug him for alterations (unless you think my fit is off and want it to be radically different). I went with what he provided and couldn't be happier.
Edited by Vickt - 3/30/13 at 11:57am
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 55 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ITT: Barware, Cocktail Accessories, Bitters, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Auction Thread for the Styleforum 2013 Holiday Charity Drive for... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw