or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1951

post #29251 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkadesh View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Just watched the new MGS 5 Trailer.

@ 5:20 Big Boss is wearing a jacket that looks like a BCDR with diamond quilt.

 

MGS x TOJ

 

HAHA! Yes, I saw this yesterday too, and it really made me lust over the diamond quilt!

post #29252 of 42079
With a guest appearance by Imraith-Nimphais?
post #29253 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

With a guest appearance by Imraith-Nimphais?

 

I googled this -- are you talking about the MGS5 trailer and the horse-demon thing?

post #29254 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCrispy View Post

Charly special aka lamb MA-1.  Hope it works out

This is what I'm ordering next, probably in the next week or two! Just waiting for my TOJ1 2011 to arrive and then will base my lamb MA-1 on how that fits. It's been 10 weeks now, so I should get the TOJ1 pretty soon.
post #29255 of 42079

thought the lamb MA-1 was a modified CWU

post #29256 of 42079

For some reason I could easily see myself following the ONE philosophy (or at least something very similar) when I'm old (65+ yrs or so).

post #29257 of 42079
In Japan, they have a huge hardon for anything Langlitz. The Diamond Dogs jacket is probably modeled after a Padded Cascade with diamond quilting. They do the same thing as Drew, but in portland and at 2x what drew charges. And that's just for the base jacket. you haven't even started adding pockets or quilting yet. But you can add a gun pocket. 'Mericuh.



I was going to cop Langlitz before TOJ, so I knows dis.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #29258 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx View Post

looks like a reversed version of this laugh.gif

post #29259 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx View Post

In Japan, they have a huge hardon for anything Langlitz. The Diamond Dogs jacket is probably modeled after a Padded Cascade with diamond quilting. They do the same thing as Drew, but in portland and at 2x what drew charges. And that's just for the base jacket. you haven't even started adding pockets or quilting yet. But you can add a gun pocket. 'Mericuh.

 For the base jackets, Langlitz starts at ~900 for some models. I would love to try a Langlitz if I have a chance (and money).

post #29260 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

So...Drew, any hints about the peacoats? Need some popped collar in my life.

 

There are really no good alternatives out there right now.

 

Buzz Rickson is nice, but the thing is designed to withstand a snowstorm.  

 

The peacoat thread on SF is of no help--apparently they merged 61 threads into one and still nothing good, unless you're all about jcrew or some vintage peacoat from the 1930s.  

 

Oh, and there is the Billy Kirk one that is fueled mainly by the Skyfall hype...I mean, it's completely unlined...whyyy?


I've got a Paul Smith one I'm pretty happy with, but then I got it at cost price and spent £140 on tailoring so it fits me better than anything off the rack.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Would definitely be tempted in picking up a ToJ peacoat if they bring back something like the previous model, the new one is a little too similar to the PS one I have to be worth buying.

post #29261 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx View Post

In Japan, they have a huge hardon for anything Langlitz. The Diamond Dogs jacket is probably modeled after a Padded Cascade with diamond quilting. They do the same thing as Drew, but in portland and at 2x what drew charges. And that's just for the base jacket. you haven't even started adding pockets or quilting yet. But you can add a gun pocket. 'Mericuh.



 

 

I've decided that, TOJ permitting, I am going to make this jacket a reality next year. BCDR diamond quilt in black lamb with gunmetal hardware. I wonder if anyone will beat me to the punch. Time to go no-cop to save up.

post #29262 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

 

I've decided that, TOJ permitting, I am going to make this jacket a reality next year. BCDR diamond quilt in black lamb with gunmetal hardware. I wonder if anyone will beat me to the punch. Time to go no-cop to save up.


I've ordered a BCDR single needle diamond quilt in black lamb with silver hardware :/

post #29263 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamacyborg View Post


I've ordered a BCDR single needle diamond quilt in black lamb with silver hardware :/

That was fast . Can't wait to see how it comes out. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


Haven't seen many diamond quilts. Did you get a BCDR With quilted shoulders, or a QDR with a band collar? (Since the jackets have different bodies)

post #29264 of 42079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Haven't seen many diamond quilts. Did you get a BCDR With quilted shoulders, or a QDR with a band collar? (Since the jackets have different bodies)

There is only one BCDR available...
post #29265 of 42079
is there not enough interests in the backpack? or just waiting on final pricing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011