Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1950
Styleforum Top Picks
The green American-based styleforumite might develop as such:
i) 'I'm interested in clothes... in style... let's check out the supermarket magazine rack... ah let's see, we have GQ and Esquire'
ii) 'These clothes are pretty nice... but most are way too expensive for me and don't seem all that age appropriate anyway, they aren't addressing my needs'
iii) Google-> 'forum for men's style' --> first hit: styleforum.net
iv) special flower threads, flaming, lurking, personal studies
v) Find pants or shirts I like for biz-casual -> remember what people at school used to say, if you wear the same thing two days in a row, you're dirty and poor -> remember what your bros taught you, shopping is gay -> secretly buy 15 pairs of the same style pants or shirt online after confirming the fit. Buy 30 pairs of Aldens to match.
vi) Styleforum WAYWT thumbs ups, one thumb per $3,000 spent.
vII) Wondering what else there is in life, beside having really, really, ridiculously too many business casual pieces
Opposite approach: taking the quality maven angle, and debating zippers with others all day
Pretty much realized that WAYWT is pretty much an approval circle jerk so stopped visiting that thread. Learned about some jeans & kicks in SW&D, what to wear at work over at menswear, and stopped going to those forums altogether. This is the only one I check on a daily basis.
So...Drew, any hints about the peacoats? Need some popped collar in my life.
There are really no good alternatives out there right now.
Buzz Rickson is nice, but the thing is designed to withstand a snowstorm.
The peacoat thread on SF is of no help--apparently they merged 61 threads into one and still nothing good, unless you're all about jcrew or some vintage peacoat from the 1930s.
Oh, and there is the Billy Kirk one that is fueled mainly by the Skyfall hype...I mean, it's completely unlined...whyyy?
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › New site (Fitbay.com) to help you find the right size? 7 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Things i dont understand 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread 18 minutes ago
- › POW 1st fitting Feedback 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...