Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1947
Styleforum Top Picks
There's a nice balance to that too, though - imagine going out and having your fulfilling experiences, while wearing the awesome leather jacket.... The possibilities may perhaps become exponential... I cannot fathom the amount of swagger I would've had if my style had been pulled together at that age. It just wasn't possible where I lived, and there was no internet fora or real discussion going on at the time for age-appropriate clothing. I suffered for awhile, I think. The potential was there all along, but there were just too many voices and not enough examples, nothing that really spoke out to me.
For sure there's always that. I mean, where I'm coming from, I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do or be when I was 18, so dropping £500 on a leather jacket wouldn't have made any sense at all. I'm 24 now and I know my style has drastically changed in those 6 years, and I know a lot of things I liked then I no longer like.
18 just seems a bit too early for me to be making purchases like that when they could be going on partying and various experiences. But whatever, that's just me, other guy's situations and expectations are different and this thread isn't the place to be talking about all the bullshit that accompanies life.
Bought an A-2 off B&S. Man, I don't know how this fits me so tight when I have a denim jacket with slimmer measurements that fits me fine. Hmmph. Luckily I have someone lined up to purchase this already.
What an incredible jacket though. Seriously impressed. The only problem with buying these on B&S is that the sizes seem to be pretty inconsistent. I see people posting 48s with 19" p2p and then I see 48s with 22" p2p. This supposedly had 20.5" p2p. The shoulders are definitely too small too. Maybe I'll find something...as much as it is completely different, that blue QDR is pretty damned tempting.
Hmmph. Nobody saw this because it had to be approved for moderation.
If I purchase another, anyone think I should go up to a 48 or maybe even a 50?
Sadly don't have the money for a new one these days. Maybe next year.
You guys think the shoulders look alright though? I just thought it was really odd how much the part near my armpits (next to the suede patch for example) just kinda got pulled in. I was thinking that may be part of the shoulders being too small, but if the chest is a little small and the arms are way too small then I guess that could create the same effect.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott Co Cast/Coast 33 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › gitman vintage shirt(s) size Medium 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Samurai S710XX 19oz size 31 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)