Goddamn, going to need a TOJ umbrella with all the rain we're getting in England, particularly if I want some suede.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1919
Styleforum Top Picks
So I finally got my TOJ1 in the mail a couple of days ago, and it's beautiful, and it's sized ok, except the pit-to-pit is 2 full inches larger than stated on the raglan sizing chart, and the back of the jacket balloons quite terribly, actually creasing at the shoulder blades and forming two ugly protrusions. I've looked through the gallery and didn't see anything like this, and yes I took Charly's sizing.
Did I misread the sizing chart? Does it actually show body measurements for each size?
What size did you get/what are your measurements/what're the measurements of the jacket you got/pics please.
Sorry for the double post.
Need some help for a friend guys. Would appreciate every ones input, he's not sure if he should get a 50 or a 52. I recommended a 52 because his measurements are not much different from mine. What do you guys think?
"My body measurements:
Chest: 42.5, pit to pit: 21
Front Length: 22.5
Sleeve Length: 24.5
I'm 5'10'' 174lbs
50: I feel can fit me, on the "slim/snug" side. Shoulders may be a little snug, but I compared the shoulder measurements with one of my favorite fitting shirts, and that shirt has a shoulder with of 18.5, body width of 22.5. Possibility that I can't wear this jacket closed, but I intend on wearing the jacket only in the spring/early-mid Fall.
52: Can definitely fit, but worried about excessive room in the body area"
Thanks for posting this for me, my account finally got verified.. So I can take it from here lol +1
Thanks for your opinion, looks like you and 3 other people agree.
I was going to choose the 52, just because I feel it will be "safer" to go big instead of trying to order a smaller jacket trying to get the ideal slim fit.
Nope, I measured twice.. My shoulders are really that broad.
So you're saying to get the 50? Based on what measurement? How'd you form this conclusion? In the 52, my shoulders and pit to pit match up pretty well.
Thanks for your opinion and your help. Does the TOJ12011 have a different fit compared to the 2013 model? Does anyone have a size chart from the previous model?
I have pictures of my back, no pictures of the front yet if that means anything lol
I've emailed Charly, he told me either a 50 or 52.
"Either go with a 50 or 52 depending on if you want the jacket to fit slim or a touch relaxed."
"I say 52 if you want a slightly relaxed look. If you've got big arms, you will probably want to go with the 52 with shortened lengths. TOJ items fit slim and aren't really friendly to larger guys. "
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 8 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 16 seconds ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 27 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 52 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › balmain biker jeans t567 b564 fitting problem. 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)