^^Pfft, ain't even got gussets.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1877
Styleforum Top Picks
As for those pictures about the V taper, I don't really think it's a length issue. TOJ natural cut is slim with high arm holes. I wouldn't mess too much with trying to adjust the measurements to create a V taper, as it might end up looking like ) (.
As for the moto, I actually think it looks better non-cropped. As for fits that look a little sloppy/big, it could be due to the armholes. The best adjustment I made to my 1st TOJ was making the armhole 0.5" smaller. That really tighten the fit everywhere (for me at least).
Yeah, I'm unclear what this non-cropped means?
Since we are all talking about jeans here, maybe we should specify the type of rise and how you wear your jeans??
For instance, I'm EVOing some 501 STF right now....which sit relatively high.
I'm already a tall dude. And if I had a jacket that exposed my belt on my 501s that would look ridiculous IMO.
EDIT: Of course, maybe if it just barely covered the belt line that would look good. I'm looking at some pictures of my favorite fits..and you guys are right, it seems to barely cover where the belt would be.
You know cropped when you see it.Warning: Cropped. crop crop (Click to show)
But seriously, I know people have different opinions on this, and there really anywhere you can say "this is cropped" because people wear their jeans different and mid rise is different from low rise. But when you put a jacket on, you know if it's short or not. I don't mean non-cropped as super long either...
You know cropped when you see it. Warning: Cropped. crop crop (Click to show)
Surely you must have had something more specific in mind when you responded to my post saying you preferred the non-cropped look (i.e. implipying the longer fits in examples)?
i wasn't responding to you, it was to that other guy that asked a question about why one jacket looked more V than the other, and mentioned length.
my cropped comment comes from personal experience having one TOJ where i cut off an inch and another one where I left it. Prefer the non-cropped one. no biggie.
now actually looking at your post, i think most of those fits are fine in the length...they all sort of vary anyways.
I'm one of the examples given for a too-long moto, and I was worried about the length when I first received the jacket. But, I really like the length now and I wouldn't want my jacket shorter. 1) I can put my hands in the pockets if it's cold. 2) I'm 6'5" with disproportionately long legs, so the longer jacket balances out my torso a little. 3) I don't care that I can't zip it up while I'm sitting down, because I wouldn't do that anyway. It's a calf jacket and it would be too stiff even if it was shorter.
Edited by Ketawa - 3/1/13 at 4:17pm
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 8 seconds ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 48 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 57 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 6 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 8 minutes ago
- › Navy and Red Brooks Brothers Tie 8 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw