^^Pfft, ain't even got gussets.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1877
Styleforum Top Picks
As for those pictures about the V taper, I don't really think it's a length issue. TOJ natural cut is slim with high arm holes. I wouldn't mess too much with trying to adjust the measurements to create a V taper, as it might end up looking like ) (.
As for the moto, I actually think it looks better non-cropped. As for fits that look a little sloppy/big, it could be due to the armholes. The best adjustment I made to my 1st TOJ was making the armhole 0.5" smaller. That really tighten the fit everywhere (for me at least).
Yeah, I'm unclear what this non-cropped means?
Since we are all talking about jeans here, maybe we should specify the type of rise and how you wear your jeans??
For instance, I'm EVOing some 501 STF right now....which sit relatively high.
I'm already a tall dude. And if I had a jacket that exposed my belt on my 501s that would look ridiculous IMO.
EDIT: Of course, maybe if it just barely covered the belt line that would look good. I'm looking at some pictures of my favorite fits..and you guys are right, it seems to barely cover where the belt would be.
You know cropped when you see it.Warning: Cropped. crop crop (Click to show)
But seriously, I know people have different opinions on this, and there really anywhere you can say "this is cropped" because people wear their jeans different and mid rise is different from low rise. But when you put a jacket on, you know if it's short or not. I don't mean non-cropped as super long either...
You know cropped when you see it. Warning: Cropped. crop crop (Click to show)
Surely you must have had something more specific in mind when you responded to my post saying you preferred the non-cropped look (i.e. implipying the longer fits in examples)?
i wasn't responding to you, it was to that other guy that asked a question about why one jacket looked more V than the other, and mentioned length.
my cropped comment comes from personal experience having one TOJ where i cut off an inch and another one where I left it. Prefer the non-cropped one. no biggie.
now actually looking at your post, i think most of those fits are fine in the length...they all sort of vary anyways.
I'm one of the examples given for a too-long moto, and I was worried about the length when I first received the jacket. But, I really like the length now and I wouldn't want my jacket shorter. 1) I can put my hands in the pockets if it's cold. 2) I'm 6'5" with disproportionately long legs, so the longer jacket balances out my torso a little. 3) I don't care that I can't zip it up while I'm sitting down, because I wouldn't do that anyway. It's a calf jacket and it would be too stiff even if it was shorter.
Edited by Ketawa - 3/1/13 at 4:17pm
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Things you just don't get 32 seconds ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 43 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...